The University of Bridgeport is seeking candidates for the position
of Instructional Designer
. The Instructional Designer will
work as part of the UB Online team reporting directly to the Senior
Instructional Designer. The Instructional Designer will work as
part of the UB Online team. The Instructional Designer is
campus-based, providing pedagogical support to help build courses
within Canvas LMS.
The position requires an entry-level working knowledge of
instructional design principles and technology.
This is a campus-based, on-ground position; the incumbent must be
willing to work at the University of Bridgeport main campus in
Bridgeport Connecticut. Please note this position is Grant
Skills and Abilities:
- Development of online courses and instructional
- Provide online and in-person faculty training and coaching in
instructional design and best practices for online learning.
- Creates a culture of widely shared technology-enhanced,
effective teaching and learning practices.
- Develop training materials including manuals, guides and
- Develop and maintain student support online resources.
- Participate in a collaborative effort to streamline the design
and delivery of online courses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work effectively with Deans, faculty,
administrators, students and external constituents
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse and inclusive work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
Flexibility with regard to work schedule; some evenings and
weekends is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Instructional Design, or
related academic field.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Instructional Designer,
preferably in a setting with a diverse learner population.
- Experience using Canvas or similar LMS.
- Experience building online courseware.
- Experience using authoring applications including video
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work to be performed by the position. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the
position. You will devote your full time and best efforts to the
performance of your various job duties and will observe any and all
policies, rules and regulations that the University may now have or
shall hereafter establish.