Collaborates with the Director of Operations and Programming to
coordinate the activities of program development and initiatives to
support the department and UCO's strategic plans and priorities
including the advancement of UCO’s downtown learning spaces at
Santa Fe Plaza and Carnegie Centre. Administers and performs
ongoing analysis of curriculum, instructors, programming, and
enrollment according to the strategic plan of the department.
Creates, maintains, and updates assigned program schedules for
contract deliverables and key events. Responsible for the oversight
and marketing of department programs and initiatives including
micro-credential and non-credit offerings. Plans and coordinates
the delivery of educational programming and production, especially
for business incubator (certified small business incubator through
the Oklahoma Department of Commerce). Maintains a working knowledge
of processes and procedures and make recommendations to resolve day
to day operational issues by collecting and interpreting
information. Develops and manages relationships with other
departments, faculty, staff, students, subject matter experts,
business, and community members to accomplish department
The general schedule for this position is 40 hours a week, Monday
through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. **Note** Submission of
resume and cover letter are required for application
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Reports to the Director of Operations and Programming
- Responsible for the operational support of multiple work areas
and departments of non-credit offerings, micro-credentials, and the
- Provides support for the growth of UCO-provided professional
learning offerings (i.e. certificates and micro-credentials).
Assists with managing micro-credential and professional offerings
using appropriate tools and technology.
- Assumes responsibility for utilization and programming of
related technology services such as registration, credential
issuing, and website development. Manages utilization of course
development technology and incubator programming technology.
Coordinates the implementation, hosting, and maintenance of
- Coordinates development, implementation, and marketing of
classes, special offerings, events, and other programming for the
department and UCO learning environments both online and in the OKC
- Supports client relations and account management strategies for
designated learning solutions, clients, and partnerships. Creates
an environment that supports customer service and problem
- Responsible for project timelines, coordinating and allocating
resources relevant to assigned area. Communicates guidelines for
project and service delivery; Adjusts guidelines and processes to
resolve issues or problems.
- Coordinates the development and delivery of custom programming
and support for the business incubator, including but not limited
to: trainings, meetings, coaching sessions, and networking events.
Responsible for program offering, monitoring, and tracking
- Assists and consults in developing and recommending policies
and strategic planning activities at appropriate levels of the
- Assists with engagement in UCO’s downtown learning spaces
through classes, events, training, external community partnerships,
and internal engagement with faculty, staff, and students.
- Interacts with various levels within or outside the University
to provide service, interpret and explain ideas and concepts, as
well as resolve issues.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance to departmental
staff as appropriate. Provides direction on exceptional or
ambiguous situations. Promotes effective relationships and
- May provide input into budget development by identifying
operational needs and requirements. May assist with research,
requirements gathering, or other related efforts to develop
- Some light travel may be required and occasional evening and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in job related field plus 3+ years of
relevant experience in the chosen field or 7+ years of equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively operate in an entrepreneurial
environment; able to successfully translate strategic goals into
- Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Master’s degree in related field and 3+ years of relevant
experience in education programming.
- Experience with coordinating program development,
prioritization, and assessment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with diverse
audiences. Proactive and responsive with communication
- Proven interpersonal, relationship building, and conflict
- Ability to determine priorities, be self-directed and work with
- Proven project and program management skills.
- Proven organizational and planning skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills.
- Technical proficiency-ability to use Microsoft Office and
ability to pick up new software quickly.
- Strong leadership and team-oriented approach.
- Serves as an agent of the department to the university.
- Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements)
may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
- Work environment: Requires valid driver’s license; multiple
physical job reporting sites.