Administrative Assistant, Liberal Arts Based
Library & IT, Clerical / Support
Bucknell University seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to
provide essential support to the Liberal Arts Based Cooperative
(LAB Cooperative) project. The Administrative Assistant is
responsible for oversight in administering the grant including
clerical, project team and student support and external grant
collaborator relationships. The Administrative Assistant will be
responsible for performing duties of a sensitive and confidential
nature. This fixed-term position is supported through a National
Archives-Andrew W. Mellon Foundation grant, reports to the grant's
principal investigator. The position will work approximately 10
hours per week and is funded by the grant through December 2022,
with the possibility of an extension (subject to available grant
funding) through June 2023. As a temporary part-time position, this
position is not eligible for University benefits.
- Administers the grant's budget, including budget
reconciliation: monitors and tracks expenses for items and services
paid and pending payment; resolves issues and assists with
developing budget projections (within the Workday platform):
collects information for budget development, including multiple
international grant subrecipients and outside vendors and
consultants; assists with travel arrangements. Ensures accuracy and
compliance with Bucknell and sponsor guidelines and policies.
- Processes purchase orders, check requisitions, and travel
- Arranges and processes payments and stipends for students and
grant recipients (in the Workday platform).
- Processes statements of work, certifications of effort, and
invoices for sub award recipients, external agencies, and
- Coordinates events for the LAB Cooperative project including
research and technical team meetings, symposia, guest speakers,
etc. Arranges team and student travel.
- Coordinates preparation, setup and logistics for team events
and functions on and off campus.
- Disseminates information about grant progress, events, and
opportunities in relevant internal and external communication
vehicles (email, listservs, social media).
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills such as tact,
professionalism, team-work and friendliness.
- Plans own workload, prioritizing key tasks and ensuring the
appropriate allocation of time and effort to proactively achieve
the required results while working independently.
- Supports annual grant assessment reviews both internally and to
the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities using current
processes, applications, and technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED and three years of
- Computer and software knowledge including word processing and
spreadsheet (Google Suite, Microsoft Office), calendar management,
- Experience and skills in budget management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, strong attention to
detail, and the ability to prioritize deadlines and successfully
manage multiple priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a
responsible and appropriate manner
- Proactive approach to projects, problem solving, communication
needs, and planning
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with a wide range
of individuals with a dedicated commitment to diversity and
inclusivity both within the Bucknell community and in broader
national and international contexts
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing needs of an educational
environment (new technology, policies, personnel, procedures, etc.)
including the willingness to develop and apply new skills.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497022/administrative-assistant-liberal-arts-based-cooperative
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn project management and
team communication software (e.g., Click-Up, Trello, Slack);
content management platforms (Wordpress, Drupal) and/or social
media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to manage finances in multiple currencies (US Dollars,
Canadian Dollars, British Pounds, Euros)