Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Adjunct Professor - Art History
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
Teaching online undergraduate and graduate Studio and Digital Arts
classes in Art History; online faculty must have regular access to
and familiarity with the Internet/e-mail.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with
assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining
productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and
offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspect of the
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance
with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
An MA in Art History or related field and a strong record of
professional achievement. The applicant should be able to teach a
wide range of art historical subjects.
- History of Publication in academic or trade journals
- Established research agenda.
A PhD in Art History with three years or more of full-time online
teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels, or
equivalent, and a strong record of professional achievement.
Additional experience with online course development essential.
Faculty members are expected to maintain professional and creative
Special Instructions for Applicants
NOTE : A link to your portfolio should be included on your
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required
during this stage of the application process, official transcripts
for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be
required should the department select you for an
In the references section of the application, please submit the
names of two professional references and one pastoral reference.
Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please
contact the Faculty Hiring Office at FacultyHiring@liberty.edu
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 1
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Pastoral Reference Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 2
- Career Advancement Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral