Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for
Healthcare Simulation Technician Specialist
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint
within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure
provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the
finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety
of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge,
experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health,
Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid
vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal
days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on
employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote
flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provide technical and educational support to the Office of SIMS for
all simulation operations and events. Prepare, maintain and repair
SIMS-related software and hardware, including computerized
manikins, task trainers and related multimedia peripherals.
Essential Job Functions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Provides technical and educational support for medical and
surgical simulated events (examples-surgery courses, Mass Casualty
events, Simulated Patient encounters using Virtual Reality modules,
manikin case scenarios, or live actor standardized patients).
- Operates and manages software, hardware and components of
healthcare simulation equipment (examples- electronic manikins,
task trainers, cut-suits, virtual reality/augmented reality, A/V
equipment, 3D printers)
- Serves as simulator operator by programming, testing and
running scenarios, assuring that the simulation equipment and
facility are set-up before and broken down after sessions.
Trouble-shoots and acts as a confederate within scenarios. Records,
edits and stores simulated sessions.
- Conducts routine inspection and maintenance of simulation
equipment, inventory updates and equipment purchase. Installs
software and hardware upgrades and maintains the functionality of
simulation components and maintains records of repairs.
- Supports the use of web-based media and the creation of web
stream content. Assists in website development and
- Assists instructors and SIMS staff in scheduling, training,
developing and evaluating events. Creates operational efficiency
and quality control measures.
- Creates innovative ideas, evaluates new equipment, and
identifies opportunities for technology improvement and integration
into healthcare education. Participates in technical training to
maintain proficiency; participates in scholarly activities to stay
current with the simulation industry.
- Strong problem-solving skills and flexibility to work in a
rapidly changing and sometimes unpredictable environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Able to perform routine and non-routine tasks.
- Exhibits autonomy and judgment within established
- Technical diploma or Associate degree in technology
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
- Bachelor's Degree
- SimGhosts courses completion
- Simulation experience, CHSOS
- Healthcare experience
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email
including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.