Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for
Assistant Program Director of MSBS Program
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint
within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure
provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the
finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety
of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge,
experience, education, and credentials.
Assistant Program Director duties receive stipend of $10,000
annually added to base salary
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health,
Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid
vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal
days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on
employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote
flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The MSBS Assistant Program Director in Utah will work closely with
the Program Director to develop and implement the program's
curriculum; create, document, and evaluate educational outcomes
measures and oversee some aspects of instruction and operations of
the program. The MSBS Assistant Program Director will also be the
course director and teach for the MSBS courses within their area of
Essential Job Functions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Operate as the on-site assistant director for the Utah campus
and carry out the vision for the MSBS Program.
- Provide leadership for, and serve on, MSBS Committees in
facilitating high-quality education through curriculum development
and continuous self-assessment and improvement processes.
- Provide advising, leadership, mentorship and expertise to
students to ensure that the students of the MSBS program meet the
standards established by the faculty/program, and obtain the
knowledge, skills and competency established.
- Participate in ongoing program review consistent with the
mission, goals, and learning outcomes of the program.
- Serve as course director and instructor for assigned
- Ensure faculty members are appropriately oriented to: the
program mission and goals, their specific teaching
responsibilities, program instructional resources, and the learning
objectives for which they are responsible.
- Advance the prestige of the MSBS Program and the university
through advancement of its mission and vision and advancement of
your personal career
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with remote supervision.
- Demonstrates leadership on diversity, equity, and inclusion
initiatives to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive
environment for faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to develop effective internal and external
relationships and partnerships.
- D.O., M.D., Pharm.D., DVM, Ph.D. or equivalent, in
microbiology, immunology, physiology, anatomy, pharmacology,
molecular biology, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience teaching at the graduate level or at
least four years teaching at the undergraduate level
- A record of scholarly activity, student mentoring, and academic
service is essential
- Ability to lead and develop collaborative teams
- Excellent management, leadership, and communications
- Possess knowledge of and experience with the accreditation
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email
including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.