Department: Academic Affairs
Pay Grade: F10 (Faculty,
Senior Lecturer: $47,353 - $64,226 (based upon
Assistant Professor: $51,510 - $65,500 (based upon
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for teaching Computer Information
Systems (CIS) and Computer Science (CS) related credit courses for
the CIS and CS degrees, and related credit certificate and degree
programs. Ten-month faculty are assigned primarily teaching duties
of 30 Teacher Load Hours (TLH) during an academic year
(approximately 30 credits). The work expectation for faculty is
37.5 hours per week for professional duties; however, actual hours
worked on- and off-campus in any given week can vary according to
grading, class preparation requirements, meeting schedules,
professional development activities, and office hours. Ten-month
faculty responsibilities are primarily to teach students and assess
learning and secondarily to engage in professional development and
to provide service to the college community. This position reports
to the Program Director of Cybersecurity and CIS.
Essential Job Functions
- Teach the equivalent of 30-teaching load hours during an
- Hold classes as scheduled
- Design assignments and/or give required assignments to measure
- Provide clear and concise feedback to students in a timely
manner (generally within two weeks)
- Check and respond to all emails within two business days
- Post the syllabus, faculty information, and a welcome
announcement for Preview Week and maintain a current gradebook in
the Learning Management System
- Hold required office hours
- Assist students and direct them to appropriate resources
- Contribute to student retention and completion initiatives
- Participate in outcomes assessment and respond to data
- Collaborate with student support offices and professionals
- Report grades and reconcile Incompletes as necessary
- Engage in professional development
- Attend required meetings and complete mandatory
- Serve on committees to support the college mission
- Adapt to emerging challenges and demands to serve the college
and its students
- Follow policies as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field;
Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages such as
Java, C, and/or Python.
- Prior teaching experience at college level preferred.
- Prior teaching experience in a related field, such as
Cybersecurity or Data Science preferred.
- Ability to use technology in teaching.
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive.
This position will be placed on the 10-month College faculty
salary scale. Actual salary and faculty rank placement based on
qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent
fringe benefit package.
This work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up
to 10 pounds of force occasionally and or negligible amount of
force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical
abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information
- Visual acuity - Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and
convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and
the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus
environments. Use of safe workplace practices with office
equipment; computers for data entry and word processing avoidance
of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety
regulations; College policies; and observance of traffic laws
when/if driving a College vehicle.
TO QUALIFY FOR EMPLOYMENT, SELECTED
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does
not offer Visa sponsorships
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a
diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community
College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this
position description at any time, and this position description
does not represent in any way a contract of employment.