Dispatch Supervisor (30 hours) (Department of Aviation
Position Summary Information
Serves as Dispatcher of Aviation Science and works closely with the
Director of Flight Operations, Chief Flight Instructor, and
Director of Maintenance. Maintains the efficiency of the daily
Flight Operations Schedule through the operation of Talon ETA,
responsible for day to day schedule creation and adjustment, and
assists with general administrative work to support the Department
of Aviation Science. This position is a 30-hour-per-week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ensure the successful coordination and dispatch of
aircraft/simulators, Flight Instructors, and students.
2. Communicate effectively and timely status of aircraft to Flight
Operations and Maintenance.
3. Maintain accurate and consistent records, files, cancellation
records and appropriate databases.
4. Utilize Flight Tracking System to monitor the safe and efficient
progress of all local and cross
5. Maintain cooperative and professional communication with airport
officials, CBU Faculty & Staff,
and Federal Aviation Administration ( FAA ) personnel.
6. Follow all procedures detailed in the CBU Dispatcher Handbook,
CBU Standard Operating
Policies and Procedures.
7. Participate in Dispatcher Staff Meetings.
8. Must be able to work well in a fast paced, dynamic environment
making decisions efficiently and
9. Provide oversight to dispatch shifts and fill in as
10. Train and standardize new dispatch hires.
11. Create and manage daily flight schedule.
12. Set dispatcher weekly schedule.
13. Ensure dispatchers are using time effectively through task
14. Assist with adjustments to policies and procedures within the
15. Help plan and lead dispatch meetings.
16. Present a positive image of the Department of Aviation Science,
California Baptist University
and Christian Higher Education.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Ability to represent the Department of Aviation Science in a
positive manner to others.
- Passionate about our mission to help students live their
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse
faculty, staff, and student body.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service knowledge and
- Ability to resolve service questions, concerns, and
- Ability to work with Certified Flight Instructors and Students
when resources are unavailable or weather is below minimums to
ensure the student has an effective lesson.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills and
attention to detail in work.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively orally and in
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Flight Operations
Supervisor off-hours in regards to flight operations, Talon ETA,
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, as needed.
- General knowledge of aviation meteorology and the ability to
interpret official aviation weather products.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); and/or one
to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Possess current FAA First- or Second-Class medical
Posting Detail Information
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4