Interior Design - Lecturer
The College of Architecture, Visual Arts, and Design ( CAVAD ) at
California Baptist University seeks highly motivated applicants
with an entrepreneurial spirit for a lecturer position in the
Interior Design program. CAVAD is an established multi-faceted
design college dedicated to the integration of Christian thought
and values; cutting-edge design pedagogy; and reflective
CBU is faith-based institution, affiliated with the California
Southern Baptist tradition. Collaboration between the College
disciplines of Architecture, Graphic Design, Photography, Film, and
Fine Art is ongoing, as well as emerging collaboration with the
Colleges of Engineering, Business, and Health Science. CBU is a
Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and serves a diverse
constituency of emerging professionals.
This lecturer position seeks a candidate who will serve as a
primary design studio teaching faculty for a rapidly growing
Interior Design program.
1) Terminal degree in Interior Design or related field, or
non-terminal degree in Interior Design plus notable professional
2) Teaching experience at the collegiate level;
4) A history of service to the profession and/or the broader
5) Previous leadership in professional or academic
The program seeks candidates with university teaching experience
and/or critical practice experience. Candidates should be prepared
to teach a variety of courses at the undergraduate level, with a
primary focus of design studio instruction.
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Christian Experience Essay