Position Title: English Concurrent Enrollment Liaison and
Instructor of English
Requisition Number: F00252P
The Weber State University Department of English Language and
Literature seeks applicants for the full-time position of
Concurrent Enrollment Liaison and Instructor of English.
• Travel to and Zoom with Concurrent Enrollment high schools
enrolled in our service portfolio to perform classroom
observations, promote Weber, and engage with CE stakeholders
• Routinely read Concurrent Enrollment student papers in every
course section annually (minimum responsibility is three 6-8 page
papers and three 1-page papers per teacher per year)
• Provide feedback to teachers based on classroom
• Provide feedback to teachers based on reading of student papers
and teacher grading techniques.
• Orchestrate yearly in-service Concurrent Enrollment teacher
training in March.
• Orchestrate yearly new teacher training in August.
• Review and approve teacher qualifications for teaching CE ENGL
1005, 1010, 2015, and 2200 (and any additional courses).
• Curate resources for CE teachers, which may include reading
selections, assignments, pedagogies, and online materials for CE
ENGL 1005, 1010, 2015, and 2200 (and any additional courses) in
consultation with the English Department's Developmental English,
Composition and Literary and Textual Studies Programs and with the
University Writing Committee.
• Develop a programmatic assessment procedure for CE ENGL 1005,
1010, 2015, and 2200 (and any additional courses) while ensuring
Signature Assignments are aligned with General Education standards
in consultation with the English Department's Developmental
English, Composition and Literary and Textual Studies Programs and
with the University Writing Committee.
• Ensure the CE program is responsive to WSU's Equity, Diversity,
and Inclusion initiatives.
• Establish an agenda and hold regular meetings for the English
department Concurrent Enrollment committee.
• Advise and suggest improvements to the procedures involved with
recruiting high school CE students to WSU so that they become
matriculated WSU students.
• Coordinating and collaborating with CE stakeholders, which may
include the following duties:
• Work closely on a weekly basis with the CE Assistant Liaison.
(This is not a supervisory relationship.)
• Meet once per semester with the Assistant Composition Director to
discuss developments and/or issues in ENGL 2015.
• Meet once per semester with the Composition Director to discuss
developments and/or issues in ENGL 1010.
• Meet once per semester with the Composition Director and
Developmental English Director to discuss developments and/or
issues in ENGL 1005.
• Meet once per semester with the Department Chair to discuss
Concurrent Enrollment successes and challenges.
• Attend University Writing Committee (UWC) meetings.
• Attend departmental Program Director Meetings
• Teach one class per semester for the Department of English
• Perform other duties as they may arise.
• M.A. in English, English Education, or related field
• Experience teaching in Public High Schools
• At least 5 years of experience teaching composition and
• At least 5 years of experience supervising teachers in public
• Experience with accreditation audits
• Experience teaching CE ENGL 1010, 2015, and 2200
• Experience in Title 1 or other under-resourced schools
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Canvas (Learning Management
System), GoogleDrive and Gmail, Zoom, and Excel
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical,
dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a
wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition
benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Posting Detail Information
Open Date: 04/08/2022
Close Date: 04/29/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Notes to Applicant
Instructor positions are temporary appointments, renewable by
separate contract at the sole discretion of the University. To
apply, please complete the online application and attach the
• Cover Letter: A vision statement explaining your approach to
Concurrent Enrollment, outlining goals for recruitment of CE
students, professional development for CE faculty, approach to
mentoring CE faculty, and responding to university Equity,
Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) initiatives, as well as general
considerations for your roles and responsibilities.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Academic Transcripts
• List of professional references
Applications must be received by April 29, 2022.
Criminal background check required as a condition of
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $42,000 –
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2993585
ADA Essential Job Function
Physical Activity of this position
Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must
convey detailed or important instructions to other workers
accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information
with or without assistance.
Physical Requirements of this position
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or negligible amount of force frequently or consistently to
move objects, including the human body. Sitting most of the time.
Walking and standing only occasionally if ever.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and
field of vision.
Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data
and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (such as in typical office or
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1.* How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
• Public Job Posting
• Internal Job Posting
• Agency Referral
• Personal Referral
Documents Needed To Apply
1. Cover Letter
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. List of References with Contact Info