of Institutional Research and
$72,842 to $94,487
Responsible for providing leadership in institutional research
and strategic planning for the College with a hands-on approach to
completing projects. This position will supervise one direct
report. Reports directly to the Vice President for enrollment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership in planning and institutional research
protocol for the college.
- Works collaboratively across the college in fostering a campus
culture for data-driven decision making that supports student
success and guides strategic planning.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and other external
reporting requirements and ensures accuracy of the data
- Directs the collection and assessment of data in collaboration
with a wide range of academic and non-academic units and turning
that data into useful information and knowledge.
- Presents internal and external (national and local) data to key
stakeholders, executive team, leadership team and Board of Trustees
including insights, recommendations and implications.
- Consults with and assists staff college-wide in development and
analysis of survey instruments, questionnaires, and other studies
related to unfolding college initiatives.
- Serves on the college’s Leadership Team, Assessment Council,
Enrollment Management Action Team, Data Governance Committee,
Enterprise Reporting Team, and Institutional Review Board.
- Ability to have an understanding of predictive analytics and
assist the college in utilizing this type of data to inform
enrollment projections and student success.
- Develops and maintains an operation manual for this
- Carries out special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a
research or analytical field such as Mathematics, Computer Science,
Statistics, Business, Data Analytics, Experimental Psychology or
other related field.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA
Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Three years related experience involving institutional
- Must have strong management skills and the ability to oversee a
diverse team, coordinate work, and plan for the future. Expertise
in managing short- and long-term projects.
- Must have experience leading and directing staff in a
collaborative team environment to achieve goals.
- Must have demonstrated organizational, analytical,
interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must have experience with project planning, prioritizing
assignments, establishing work schedules, meeting deadlines and
working in project groups.
- Must approach work with a high level of energy, motivation,
persistence, and a positive attitude, in a fast-paced and sometimes
- Must have the skills for attention to detail and ability to
focus on quality assurance.
- Must be an effective project manager and highly consultative
- Must be well organized and an advocate of providing outstanding
customer service to the institution’s user community.
- Must be adept at working with diverse populations and be able
to communicate effectively with different levels of technical and
- Must be able to effectively guide/lead others in the successful
completion of the tasks noted.
- Must possess a high level of the following work skills and
behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and
commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Higher Education Experience particularly in a community
- Degree or certificate in the field of institutional research or
- Project management experience
- Experience in computer applications, MS Office particularly
Access and statistical software packages (SPSS).
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner
- Experience with Reporting Tools such as Argos or OBIEE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or
feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee
may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and distance vision.