Full-time (10-month) faculty position to teach face-to-face and
online courses in basic and advanced concepts of network
operations, support and security for both vocational and college
credit. Position starts August 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides learning in the teaching discipline and related courses
at various campuses and centers.
- Assists in curriculum development, creating learning activities
and implementing assessment and planning.
- Works a basic work week of forty (40) hours which includes
classroom instruction, office hours for student conferences,
preparation/research and other professional activities.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, college-wide
academic meetings, and official functions scheduled by the
administration. Serves on college committees as assigned.
- Evaluates student learning outcomes and objective achievement,
maintaining and reporting information as prescribed by college
policies and procedures; supervises students and resolves classroom
- Maintains appropriate credentials and current knowledge of
developments and teaching strategies in the discipline/program
areas taught. Participates in professional development activities
including, but not limited to: workshops and conferences;
membership in professional organizations; self-improvement course
work and activities.
- Participates in and supports faculty and student activities.
Maintains good relationships with community agencies and groups,
participating when appropriate.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college
institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes
applications from all qualified candidates.
- Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited
institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Cybersecurity, Information Assurance/Security, Network Security,
Management Information Systems, or Information Technology
- OR Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited
institution in any discipline and 18 graduate semester hours in
Computer Science or related field (see fields noted above)
- OR Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
in computer-related field (see fields noted above) with significant
industry experience (10 or more years) combined with current
industry certifications, and extensive supervisory
experience (3 or more years) may substitute for higher degree
- Doctorate degree in computer science or related field (see
fields noted above) preferred.
- Three to five years of verifiable industry work experience in
Computer Technology or other directly related field (see fields
noted above) required.
- Ability to teach a range of computer related areas (Cyber
Security, CompTIA A+, Networking, Project Management, and
- Post-secondary teaching with distance learning modality (Zoom,
Blackboard, Canvas) as well as experience in developing relevant
courses and curriculum development strongly preferred.
- Verifiable experience with Networking infrastructure strongly
- Verifiable work experience with programming languages to
include, but not limited to: C#, C++, and Python desired.
- Current industry/vendor certifications or the ability to obtain
(e.g., CompTIA, Microsoft) preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Centers of Academic Excellence in
Cyber Defense - Two-Year Education (CAE2Y) program and ability to
help college obtain credential preferred.
Instructional Supervisor: Chair, Business
and Information Technologies
Posting Date: April 8, 2022
Starting Annual Salary Range: with a
Bachelor's degree $39,531-$44,275; with a Master's degree
$43,236-$48,424; with a Master's degree + 30-$44,991-$50,390; with
Application Review: May
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the
application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources,
863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position
please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com