The Pittsburg State University Student Center is searching for a Campus Activities Program Coordinator. The primary function of the Program Coordinator is to advise the Gorilla Activities Board (GAB) and Homecoming Committee, provide programming for a minimum of two (2) campus-wide events (Welcome Week, Family Day, Apple Day, etc.), develop and conduct leadership trainings, and assist with other events as needed.
About Us: Founded in 1903, Pittsburg State University is home to just over 5,100 undergraduate students. PSU provides all the benefits of a major college but with small class sizes and personalized experiences. The university offers more than 200 academic programs and emphasis areas.
Location: Located in southeast Kansas, Pittsburg is an innovative community of approximately 20,000 residents with opportunities for outdoor recreation, boutique shopping, the arts, and more. It's just a 90-minute drive to Kansas City, northwest Arkansas, Springfield, MO, and many other bustling regions in the Midwest.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 40% Advise the Gorilla Activities Board and the Homecoming Committee, supporting the growth of existing and new programming ideas
- 20% Coordinate the development and implementation of at least two campus wide events (Welcome Week, Family Day, Commemoration [Apple] Day, etc.) inclusive of collaborating and coordinating with stakeholders and university partners.
- 15% support general Campus Activities operations
- 10% Manage and maintain budgets
- 10% Supervise one graduate assistant
- 5% Other duties as assigned; travel as needed
Required Experience at Hire
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience designing, coordinating, facilitating, and evaluating collegiate co-curricular activities and programs
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel, Administration, or related field
- Experience working with talent agencies and negotiating contracts
- Two years of experience advising collegiate student organizations
A full description of the position and online application is available at www.pittstate.edu/hr/jobs/. Electronic submissions only. Interested and qualified applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, including a current or former supervisor. The position is open until filled. Criminal background and sex offender checks will be required for employment. Pittsburg State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.