Part-Time Instructor, Cybersecurity-Corporate College
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Apr 8, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Distance Education Programs, Instructional Technology & Design (Campus)
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Qualities of Excellence
As faculty members of Lone Star College, we strive to create a nation of world citizenry in our students. In that pursuit, we model ways of thinking and being that incorporate diversity, equality, and equity. Our culture, then, requires the possession of transcendent qualities that, while immeasurable, are evident in global citizens. We are compassionate with our students, colleagues, and ourselves. We are innovative in the pursuit of learning. Ultimately, we create a culture where learning thrives, people are safe, and we mirror the qualities of world citizenry.
Lone Star College faculty are dedicated to four qualities of excellence:
- Student Invested
- Content Expert
- Pedagogically Excellent
- Institutionally Dedicated
Lone Star College-Westway Park Technology Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
LSC-Westway Park Technology Center, a satellite center of LSC-CyFair, is located between Clay and Tanner roads off the Sam Houston Tollway. This center will focus on LSC-CyFair’s Visual Communication and Information Technology workforce training programs with certificates and degrees in areas such as Cisco and Microsoft Networking, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Graphic and Web Design, and 3D animation.
Location address is 5060 Westway Park Boulevard, Houston, TX 77041.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of Instructors to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the subject matter in a manner that facilitates student learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches Cybersecurity courses at a variety of times and locations using related materials to support training objectives
- Submits required college reports and forms in a timely manner
- Develops and/or follows a course syllabus for each course
- Reviews course content and objectives
- Conducts training sessions and provides feedback for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
- Evaluates students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs students in a timely manner of their progress
- Works with Corporate College to continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of course content
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; Ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, learning technologies course development, adult learning methodologies including collaborative learning, and distance learning
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches and the effective use of technology
- Must have knowledge and practical application in the following
- Current infrastructure equipment - e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, Nortel
- Network protocols and Server services
- Current Linux and Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Computer security
- Cloud computing
- Experience working with Web 2.0 tools
- Familiarity with virtualized networks
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment, and any specialized equipment standard within the discipline/industry
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled classroom and/or lab environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Hours will vary depending on class time; Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
- Associate's degree in an Information Technology field is required and at least 3 years of work experience in the field or teaching in the field at the post- secondary level
- Higher education teaching experience in the field of Cybersecurity or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
$81.00 per contact hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert