Physician-Surgery, Cardiothoracic -133
- West Virginia University
- West Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Apr 7, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Surgery
- Employment Type
- Part Time
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the WVU Heart and Vascular Institute seek a cardiothoracic surgeon (ranks available: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor). The successful candidate will be expected to practice in Wheeling, WV.
Depending on operational needs, a successful candidate may also be assigned to provide services at additional worksites in West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. In such instances, travel would be anticipated and expected to fulfill said duties at these additional sites.
Duties: The successful candidate will practice in the area of cardiothoracic surgery. In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows .
Qualifications: Candidate must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible for a West Virginia medical license. Successful candidates must be board certified / eligible in cardiothoracic surgery. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
At the WVU Heart and Vascular Institute, you’ll join a renowned team of surgeons, medical and interventional cardiologists, radiologists, vascular specialists, and others making an extraordinary difference in the lives of patients across West Virginia and the surrounding states. Ours is a collaborative atmosphere that allows you to practice advanced medicine in a highly satisfying academic environment.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The WVU Health System is comprised of eighteen member hospitals and three hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, J.W Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care. WVU Medicine has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 18,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
The WVU Health System has been ranked number 180 out of 500 businesses selected for the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers 2021.”
Wheeling, WV is the largest city in the Wheeling-Belmont County (Ohio) Metropolitan Statistical Area that includes Ohio and Marshall Counties, WV, and Belmont County, OH. The comforts of a small town with the amenities of a big city are at your fingertips at a lower cost of living. Wheeling is less than an hour from Pittsburgh, PA and two hours from Columbus, OH. Through major art exhibitions, symphony concerts, theatrical productions, history programs, dance performances and hundreds of classes, workshops and seminars, Wheeling’s cultural community is committed to enriching lives through the arts and bringing enjoyment and inspiration to people of all ages. From hundreds of fairs and festivals to arts and culture, there is something for everyone. Year-round activities include golf, hiking, biking, kayaking/water sports, running, skiing/snowboarding, and host of family activities.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit http://wvumedicine.org/heart/ .
For questions reach out to Erin Mills – Physician Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert