Hood College invites applications for a full-time Nursing
Simulation Coordinator. The full-time Nursing Simulation
Coordinator will support all nursing lab and simulated patient care
learning experiences for Hood College nursing students by assisting
all nursing faculty and students with appropriate resources to
successfully complete evidence-based learning opportunities in
simulated patient care environment.
- Supports the faculty and College leadership with initiatives
involving clinical simulation research and effective teaching
strategies in a simulated patient care environment;
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of
national Standard Operating Procedures through best practice
sharing and communication with other lab coordinators, leadership
and national audiences;
- Supports the mission and philosophy of Hood College and the
Nursing Department to clinical agencies, students and the community
through simulation scheduling and collaborative efforts.
- We seek a candidate who values diversity, equity and inclusion
in all that they do. Candidates must have strong organizational
skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively across
departments and disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing and Master of Science
degree in Nursing or related field are required;
- DNP or PhD in Nursing desirable.
- Certification, education and/or experience in simulation
- Current, unencumbered Maryland nursing license required.
- Three full-time equivalent years of registered nursing
Please visit www.hood.edu/jobs for more details,
including a description of the position.
- Qualified candidates are invited to apply online via our
electronic application, hood.edu/jobs.
- Electronic application requires a letter addressed to the
Nursing Lab/Simulation Lab Coordinator Search Committee together
with curriculum vitae and three letters of
If you need assistance with the on-line application process,
please email email@example.com or
call (301) 696-3592.
Hood College is committed to diversity in its faculty and staff
and subscribes to a policy of hiring only individuals legally
eligible to work in the United States.
Hood College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race,
color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability,
religion, or age in recruitment, admission and
access to, or treatment, or employment in its programs, services,
benefits, or activities as required by applicable laws
including Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and complies
with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled
applicants and students. Inquiries about discrimination or
reasonable accommodation should be referred to the Title IX
and Section 504 Coordinator at Alumnae Hall, 401 Rosemont Avenue,
Frederick, MD. 21701 (AD 312), (301) 696-3592. For
complete information on Hood College’s nondiscrimination policy,
please visit http://www.hood.edu/non-discrimination/.