Community College of Philadelphia
Corporate Solutions Department at the Community College of
Philadelphia is seeking part-time Instructors to teach a
professional coaching certificate course. This program includes 3
workshops which provides the tools and techniques for acquiring
foundational coaching competencies, introduction to coaching
models, and understanding the personal change process.
Corporate Solutions provides credit and noncredit education to
businesses, organizations, and individuals wishing to enhance their
skillset and meet educational goals. We offer a comprehensive menu
of high-quality continuing education and career-training programs
brought to you by our expert faculty and staff. Corporate Solutions
delivers programming through the following business lines:
Continuing Education and Career Training, Contract Training,
Corporate College, Small Business Training - Center for Small
Business & Power Up Your Business, and Workforce Testing.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution
of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students
have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees,
certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many
of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while
others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent
of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment,
strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses
look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers
skilled and their companies competitive.
• Teach the noncredit professional coaching certificate courses.
Classes could be held during the weekdays or an evening schedule.
Course syllabus provided. Course development and customization are
the responsibility of the instructor.
• Maintain course syllabus in accordance with student learning
• Incorporate appropriate teaching-learning strategies,
technologies, and evaluation of student learning.
• Adhere to professional and ethical standards of conduct.
• Manage classroom dynamics and elevate any student or program
• Document student daily attendance.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping
the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission,
vision, and values.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further
learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to
support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate
positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work
with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and
individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate
an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's
faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus.
Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate
the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in
field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student
success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and
context of students and advocates for their learning and
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.