Full Time/Part Time
Under limited supervision, the Assistant Registrar assists and
works under the direction of the Registrar to lead, analyze, plan,
and implement the operations and administrative requirements for
the overall operations of the records office and related matters.
Ensures compliance with Family Rights and Privacy Act and all other
applicable laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and implements systems to maintain student academic
records; on-line degree audit reporting system; administers
storage, security, accuracy, and preservation of academic
credentials in accordance with University policy, accreditation
standards, and privacy laws.
• Interprets and enforces academic rules and regulations; monitors
academic standing; coordinates probation, suspension, and dean’s
lists, as appropriate.
• Manages operational activities of grade process, coordinates
academic information for graduation, and degree audit
• Manages the petition processes, responds to inquiries concerning
academic performance, and resolves problems regarding the
management of student records.
• Manages and maintains all aspects of catalog updates.
• Provides leadership to staff members and in processes affecting
organizational and operational functions ensuring compliance with
the University, state, and federal laws, policies, procedures, and
• Ensures the timely audit of graduation applications for
completion of degree requirements at the undergraduate levels.
Collaborates with colleges, departments, and other academic units
to resolve issues related to undergraduate graduation and degree
• Manages and develops reports for purposes of establishing
production measures and ensures compliance.
• Manages electronic filing system.
• Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of
policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and
implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of
• Represents the organization at various community and/or business
meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new
programs and/or policies.
• Develops and implement policies and procedures, and best business
practices to ensure efficient and safe operations that improve and
maintain customer service and communications with all University
• Maintains and disseminates updates of academic calendar, and
updates system registrations rules accordingly.
• Determines budget recommendations relative to assigned areas of
• Provides quality customer service.
• Assists with overall Registrar Office functions as needed.
• Assists with graduation preparations as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Baccalaureate degree in any field is required. Minimum of three
years of full-time experience directly related to the duties and
responsibilities specified. This experience must include at least
two years in a supervisory role. A master’s degree in a related
field may be substituted for one year of professional
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of University operational practices, policies and
procedures, and the ability to follow them.
• Knowledge of the proper operation of and the ability to use
personal computers and job related software, including Microsoft
Office Suite and other job specific software.
• Knowledge of budget preparation, monitoring, and
• Knowledge of management practices and principles.
• Knowledge of community resources, referrals, and services.
• Skill in preparing complex research projects and reports.
• Skill in listening to issues, synthesizing information, and
reaching sound conclusions.
• Skill in presenting ideas and concepts orally and in
• Skill establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with other department staff, faculty, students, and
• Ability to multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow
multiple projects and tasks through to completion with an attention
to detail; work independently in meeting various time
• Ability to demonstrate excellent written and oral communications
skills and have the ability to work with diverse
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing,
relate in a professional, helpful manner in person and over the
phone; relate to a diverse population and to maintain composure
when faced with difficult situations.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage multiple
projects with attention to detail.
• Ability to establish strong relationships and work as part of a
• Ability to conduct transfer evaluations, graduation processing
and degree audit.
A minimum of two or more years of experience as a lead employee
with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new
employees and assisting others with problems. Managerial experience
in higher education records/registrar environment.
Successful candidates will have the experience and ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions and apply common sense
understanding furnished in written, oral, diagram/chart or schedule
Successful candidates will demonstrate technical skill with student
information systems/databases, including Banner and imaging
software, and will possess experience managing multiple projects in
a fast paced environment.
Essential functions of this position require: lifting, manual
dexterity, ability to communicate.
Work is primarily performed under limited supervision in an office
setting with appropriate climate controls. Travel, early morning,
evening, and weekend work required frequently.
Work Location/Campus Center
Las Vegas, NM Campus
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. We are committed to the University values of diversity,
accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative
action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of
interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and
email address of three (3) professional references in online
application, and; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts. Candidates
who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit
official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction
with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online
application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242
or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org NMHU IS AN EQUAL
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Tell us how you maintain constant performance while under time
and work load pressures.
(Open Ended Question)
- Briefly tell us about your experience in a leadership,
management or supervisory role. How many people were your direct
reports and how long were in this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have experience with faculty governance?
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation