About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is
respected worldwide for cutting edge instruction and training for
tomorrow’s aviation, aerospace, security, and intelligence leaders.
Prescott is a mile-high city, and its climate reflects seasonable
weather excellent for flying with daytime averages of 80 F in the
summer and 45 F in the winter. The university is a small private,
residential university in the mountains of Arizona with
approximately 3,000 students. Staff/faculty/student interaction is
highly valued and is a central theme of our campus. It is located
100 miles north of Phoenix and 120 miles south of the Grand
The Hazy Library and Learning Center (https://hazy.erau.edu) at
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Arizona is
seeking a highly motivated, creative, and collaborative Collections
Management and Research Librarian. This non-tenure track staff
position provides leadership for the acquisition, assessment, and
deselection of the library collections in support of student
learning, teaching, scholarship, and research. We welcome a new
team member who will manage collections, build strong relationships
with faculty and staff, support student learning outcomes,
teaching, scholarship, and research to promote academic
The Collection Management and Research Librarian reports to the
Associate Director for Library Technologies & Information
Resources. The successful candidate will:
ERAU benefits include:
- Provide leadership as the chair of the Information Management
- Administer and develop collection and acquisitions related
policies and procedures for overall collections in collaboration
with liaison librarians and information resources staff.
- Manage guidelines and workflows for donated materials. Serve as
point of contact for donors.
- Collect, compile, and analyze collection data and produce an
annual report to determine and help fulfill resource needs for
strategic planning, assessment, and accreditation.
- Coordinate library impact statements for new degree programs
and curriculum changes.
- Serve on the campus Curriculum Committee to determine needs for
adding new degrees and changing curriculum.
- Work with a team of innovative librarians in maintaining
information resources and tools that advance student learning,
providing reference, research and instructional services to faculty
and students, and serving on library and campus committees.
- Serve as liaison to one or more assigned academic departments
and disciplines. Schedule will include some evening and weekend
hours in rotation with other librarians.
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 4% of employee contributions
- Two BCBS health plans - PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
oom and enjoy observation flights
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information
- Experience in academic library with proficiency with collection
assessment tools, principles, and management.
- Demonstrated skill in planning and delivering instruction in
both one-on-one and class environments.
- Competencies with management tools (Microsoft Excel,
SharePoint, Access); strong statistical, analytical and evaluation
- Experience with and comprehensive knowledge of an Integrated
- Strong service orientation and ability to work well with a wide
variety of faculty, staff and ERAU campus community members of
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Experience supporting curricular and research needs in STEM
- Ability to work in a team environment of respect, trust, and
collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to analyze, implement and adapt to evolving library
services and technologies.
- Familiarity with budgeting and planning.
- Experience coordinating teams.
: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Review of applications begins May 16th and continues until the
position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae
or resume, and three professional references (including email