Director of Planning and Construction (Reg FT)
Director of Planning and
Construction (Reg FT)
: College Wide
This position will remain
open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an
interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter
and resume by no later than April 21, 2022. The College cannot
guarantee that application materials received after this date will
be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package.
Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low
out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday
pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other
options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension
system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan
forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including
group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend
hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Oversee the college's
construction and projects team. Lead contact and position of
importance with all college renovation, construction, and large
Requires a bachelor's degree
(masters preferred) in Engineering, Architecture or related field
and at least six years of related facilities and/or construction
experience. Must be a strong communicator and have the ability to
develop relationships with internal and external parties. Must be
proficient in using College software, including Microsoft Word,
Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with OSHA regulations. Must have a
strong understanding of contracts to hold external parties
accountable. Project management certification (PMP) and/or
construction certifications preferred. Must be able to travel to
all College locations and work after hours, weekends, holidays, if
and as necessary.
1. Accepts stewardship of campus facilities, grounds and
infrastructure, serving as the aesthetic conscience for all CCAC
campuses and the liaison with the Internal Operations and
2. Responsible for the development of the long-range, three-year to
ten-year capital plans and reporting on the Institutional Master
3. Provides oversight of design & construction functions with
the assistance of a design committee in the conceptual &
schematic design stages.
4. Sets the direction for the planning and construction department,
including strategic vision, design standards, review of internal
work, and serving as liaison with regional campus administrators
for planning and construction activities on their campuses
5. Responsible for the ongoing success of capital projects,
ensuring close coordination and collaboration with Facilities
Management and project stakeholders
6. Facilitates meetings across CCAC departments to develop and
promote campus design standards, capital plans, facility plans,
exterior plans, space plans, and ensures project advancement in
support of the physical campus.
7. Offers support for land use, zoning, and regional development
initiatives for the campuses.
8. Provides planning, design and construction services for all
capital projects and physical campus improvements undertaken by all
9. Oversees work of consulting firms for the production of
documents and project construction management, ensuring completion
on time and within budget.
10. Oversees development of integrated planning documents for the
short, mid and long-term physical planning efforts of the
11. Communicates with major stakeholder groups across the campus,
including students, faculty and staff constituents.
12. Provides coordination and planning input for major functional
areas within the CCAC community.
13. Leads and advances CCAC's efforts to maintain a diverse,
equitable, and inclusive community.
14. Remains competent and current through self-directed
professional continuing education and directs staff to do the same
as appropriate for their role and responsibilities.
15. Advises the college's senior administration of planning, design
and construction issues and concerns.
16. Oversees and promotes the effective allocation, use and
management of CCAC space.
17. Manages and provides oversight of external vendors and
consultants, including but not limited to, Project Managers,
Construction Managers, Primes, Architects and Engineers to complete
construction, renovation, and large repair projects.
18. Initiates, plans, performs, monitors, and completes
facility-related projects, including budget preparation, estimates
19. Represents the college in meetings with city, county and
state-related agencies as required.
20. Monitors public bidding process in conjunction with the
college's purchasing department.
21. Works with the College's Safety and Security department to
assure safety is the number one priority of all job sites.
22. Provides the leadership for the implementation of a system for
storage and retrieval of all project documents including drawings,
specifications, and other files as well as documentation of updates
to buildings and sites as projects are initiated and
23. Develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive space
management system to provide improved records and efficient
retrieval of space allocation, occupancy, and use data.
24. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse
clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to
be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania
Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal
Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to
obtain these clearances and are available here.
Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of
employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny
County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof
of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be
an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can
request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or
documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for
approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: