The Department of Mathematics is accepting qualified applications
for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor
starting Fall 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately
and continue until the position is filled. This is a 12-month,
renewable, non-tenure track appointment.
Specific Duties and Expectations
- Develop and deliver innovative curriculum and teaching
strategies for a diverse audience of learning styles and
- Be comfortable teaching with both in-person and online
- Advise and actively coach students on academic issues, degree
progress, as well as career and graduate school preparation.
- Hold regular office hours and spend time on campus as required
by the faculty handbook.
- Participate as a departmental and program representative on
standing and ad-hoc committees within the University.
- Engage in appropriate professional activities (e.g., research
and service to the field).
- Some summer teaching is expected.
- A Ph.D. in Statistics from an accredited institution, but
strong applicants with a Ph.D. in Mathematics or M.S. in Statistics
will be considered; ABD with evidence of degree completion prior to
the start date are ok.
Qualified applicants should submit
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching
to 1st generation and non-traditional students.
- Demonstrated experienced in a field with a strong statistical
analysis component i.e., data science, actuarial science, etc.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
Ability to work collegially in a team environment.
- A letter of interest.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Name and contact information of three references; formal
letters will be requested for finalists.
- A statement of teaching philosophy including any evidence of
teaching effectiveness, can be included with letter of
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work to be performed by the position. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the
position. You will devote your full time and best efforts to the
performance of your various job duties and will observe any and all
policies, rules and regulations that the University may now have or
shall hereafter establish.