Drexel Medicine is seeking a clinician responsible for providing
physician services including assessing and managing patients in an
ambulatory outpatient office in Center City, Philadelphia, and
providing education to third- and fourth-year Drexel University
College of Medicine medical students who rotate through the
practice. Drexel offers an attractive CME and vacation allowance,
and excellent benefits. The selected applicant will join a current
established and growing practice that boasts 8 doctors, one nurse
practitioner, and one physician assistant. We believe in providing
inclusive, quality, compassionate care to all our patients. We
believe in teamwork and collegiality.
- Providing education to 3rd and 4th year Drexel University
College of Medicine medical student that rotate through the
- Working with the office manager and office staff to facilitate
- Following current and future Drexel Medicine Policies and
- Following policies and procedures of CMS and other contracted
- Independently assessing, diagnosing, and treating
- Timely documentation of office visits and procedures using
correct CPT and ICD 10 codes.
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic studies including labs and
- Appropriately requesting consultations and initiating referrals
to other physicians including specialists and other healthcare
- Participating in population health processes already
established within the practice.
- Contributing towards the development and maintenance and
optimization of existing tools geared toward population health and
quality inclusive compassionate care.
- Encouraging educational growth of medical students who rotate
through the office.
- Providing adequate supervision of, and serving as a clinical
resource for Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner and Physician
- Supporting the use of Electronic Health Records and other
digital tools in the office.
- Promoting timely and compassionate communication with patients
and families and members of the healthcare team regarding
- Promoting the professional growth of the practice.
- Participating in on-call responsibilities
- MD or DO degree
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Must attain Board-Certification within 2 years of residency
- Qualified to obtain an unrestricted license to practice
medicine within the commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Current DEA certificate without restriction
- Typically standing, walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
Center City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Dec 1 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Feb 1 2023 Eastern Standard Time