Regional Advisor I
Regional Advisor I
Texas A&M International University
Recruitment & School Relations
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Regional Advisor I, under general supervision, develops and
implements admission, financial aid, and early outreach strategies
that enhance the identification, recruitment and enrollment of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, recruits, and contributes to increasing the
population of admitted and enrolled under-represented students in
designated high schools and regions.
- Works directly with prospective students and parents through
the entire admissions, scholarship, and financial aid application
process. Follows-up on specific questions and troubleshoots any
- Develops, implements, and manages recruitment and financial aid
early awareness programs for assigned areas.
- Advises and assists students in solving their financial
problems through scholarships, loans, grants, employment and
- Assists with budgeting, money management, loans and
indebtedness counseling to students on an individual and group
basis and makes presentations to groups regarding financial aid and
- Coordinates with high school counselors to facilitate the
admissions, financial aid, and scholarship application
- Implements recruitment activities such as campus trips,
presentations, resource tables, application workshops and
designated area projects.
- Maintains knowledge of current federal, state and institutional
policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to financial aid
- Work with the Financial Aid Office with regard to awarding and
adjusting financial aid awards as necessary to conform with
federal, state and institutional policies and
- Interacts with high school faculty, administration and staff to
provide and exchange information and to enhance the counseling and
advisement of students considering/planning on attending the
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Education - Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited
institution of higher education.
- Experience - No prior experience required.
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation
- Financial aid programs and federal regulations relating to
student financial aid.
- Higher Education.
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Acquainted with College/University Fairs or Recruitment
- Knowledge on higher education software.
- Must have a State of Texas Class “C” vehicle operator's license
or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
- This position may supervise employees.
First review of applications will be November 19, 2021
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- May be required to work nights, and weekends.
- Extensive travel required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact
- Unofficial transcripts
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TAMIU/Regional-Advisor-I_R-042513