Regional Advisor II
Regional Advisor II
Texas A&M International University
Recruitment & School Relations
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Regional Advisor II, under direction, develops and implements
admission, financial aid, and early outreach strategies that
enhance the identification, recruitment and enrollment of
prospective students. Serves as mentor and trainer for other staff
and serves as lead on select recruitment programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, recruits, and contributes to increasing the
population of admitted and enrolled under-represented students in
designated high schools and regions.
- Works directly with prospective students and parents through
the entire admissions, scholarship, and financial aid application
process. Follows-up on specific questions and troubleshoots any
- Develops, implements, and manages recruitment and financial aid
early awareness programs for assigned areas.
- Advises and assists students in solving their financial
problems through scholarships, loans, grants, employment and
- Assists with budgeting, money management, loans and
indebtedness counseling to students on an individual and group
basis and makes presentations to groups regarding financial aid and
- Coordinates with high school counselors to facilitate the
admissions, financial aid, and scholarship application
- Implements recruitment activities such as campus trips,
presentations, resource tables, application workshops and
designated area projects.
- Organizes, implements, and reports on programs/projects
including marketing, accommodations, itineraries, meals, speakers
- Coordinates major office programs.
- Serves as a mentor and assists in the training of subordinate
advisors regarding admissions and financial aid rules, regulations,
policies and procedures, as well as how to develop and maintain
relationships in high schools and community agencies.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education - Bachelor's degree.
- Experience - Two years of related experience.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation
- Financial aid programs and federal regulations relating to
student financial aid.
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position generally does not supervise employees.
First review of applications will be December 19, 2021
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- May be required to work nights, and weekends.
- Extensive travel required.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact
- Unofficial transcripts
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TAMIU/Regional-Advisor-II_R-044883