Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor

University of Florida
Florida, United States
Salary Not Specified
Posted Date
Apr 5, 2022

View more

Position Type
Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
Employment Type
Full Time

Classification Title:


Job Description:

The College of Public Health & Health Professions invites applications for two full-time (1.0 FTE), non-tenure track, 12-month faculty positions at the Assistant or Associate Professor level (official University title is Clinical Assistant Professor or Clinical Associate Professor). This is an exciting opportunity to join the teaching faculty at a top ranked college with an extensive educational, research, and service portfolio. These positions will be located in the Dean’s Office and the incumbents will also have an appropriate academic home appointment within the College.

The anticipated initial assignment is 75% teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels in public health, with a particular focus in social and behavioral sciences and general public health. In addition, as part of the remaining 25% effort, the candidates will contribute to service through student mentorship, advising and committee service and have the opportunity to participate in research, depending upon interest. These positions have an anticipated start date prior to fall semester 2022.

The College of Public Health & Health Professions: The College is located in the contemporary Health Professions, Nursing, and Pharmacy Complex and is part of the top ranked accredited College of Public Health and Health Professions. The successful candidates will join a college that has 8 departments spanning both public health and health professions and educates over 2900 students per year across 20 degree programs, including 3 undergraduate programs, 6 master’s programs (including the MPH), and 11 doctoral programs. The successful candidates will have access to college level instructional design and mentoring services for assistance with course design and delivery in support of teaching responsibilities.

The University of Florida ( ) is a comprehensive research-extensive university that includes a full range of academic departments and programs. The College of Public Health and Health Professions ( ) is part of the University’s Academic Health Center. The UF Academic Health Center ( ) is the only AHC in the country with six colleges located on a single, contiguous campus. They include the colleges of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health and Health Professions, and Veterinary Medicine. The Academic Health Center also partners with multiple hospitals, research centers and institutes to conduct state-of the-research that addresses the world’s pressing issues.

Expected Salary:


Minimum Requirements:

Qualified applicants will have a doctorate in public health or a related field.

Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have evidence of successful teaching and demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence and student mentoring. Preference will be given to candidates with prior teaching experience. Special Instructions to Applicants:

Individuals with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Application packets should include a cover letter, CV, and list of three references. The university is committed to building a culturally diverse educational environment, and applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal. Therefore, as part of the letter of interest, applicants should include a statement regarding their goals/plans to promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.

This position will begin reviewing applications on April 15 and will continue until a suitable applicant pool has been established.

Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at .

Health Assessment Required: NO

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert

Similar jobs