Social Media Coordinator
Office of Public Affairs
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an
unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values.
We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our
efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of
Northern Arizona University's Social Media team is seeking a
qualified individual to join our team as a Social Media
Coordinator. This position supports the creation, planning,
management, and assessment of the University's institutional social
media, assists other departments, colleges and organizations on
campus with their social media planning and implementation, and
works in partnership with University Marketing to enhance the
online presence and reputation of Northern Arizona
Content Development & Collaboration - 50%
- Produces audio and /or video digitizing, audio and/or video
development, animation, graphic design, illustration and any other
- Uses various web technologies to enhance multimedia projects as
- Authors blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos, and other
digital content to creatively communicate university messages.
- Establishes and executes strategies for continuously increasing
NAU's social media presence.
- Facilitates online conversations with customers and respond to
- Assists/provides guidance and support to university departments
and student groups who maintain social media channels.
Project Management - 20%
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of project
- Keeps detailed records of project progress, and document
processes and techniques used.
- Works with University Marketing to develop, recommend, and
implement paid and organic social media marketing campaigns.
- Contributes to the creation of project plans and sets
timelines, and supports marketing goals as it pertains to social
- Measures web traffic and monitors SEO.
- Tracks and reports monthly on the effectiveness of digital
Research and Development - 20%
- Researches audience preferences.
- Identifies social media opportunities, stays current with
trends, and integrates any new platforms or technologies as they
- Develops tactics to drive traffic to University websites and
increases user engagement through social media.
- Stays up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring
- Reports on online reviews and feedback from customers and
- Develops an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic
and customer engagement metrics.
Mentoring and Supervision - 5%
- Advises, trains and guides student interns who are working on
projects, to include design and technical skills. Mentors students
Other - 5%
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission and
strategic initiatives of the University.
This position requires commitments outside typical university
business hours, including nights for social media coverage.
- Associate degree in related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant social media, content or
marketing experience professional experience in the social media
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three or more years of professional experience managing social
- Experience in digital marketing, brand marketing, video
production, PR, and/or customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging social media
- Understanding of social media and email marketing strategies
and best practices.
- Experience using social media management tools.
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine
Marketing to expand the reach of content.
- Ability to take photographs and produce and edit videos that
are highly engaging.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with
various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of web analytics and reporting tools.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Excellent writing, editing and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Data-driven decision making and the ability to report metrics
clearly, accurately and regularly.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a
fast-paced work environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination
requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal
court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent
executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees
of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For
current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please
visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive
position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona
University requires satisfactory results for the following: a
criminal background investigation, employment history
investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and
fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL,
you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere
to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in
the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range is $41,421 - $51,776. Annual salary commensurate with
candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent
benefit package including generous health, dental and vision
insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System;
paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for
employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at
NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff
employees are in a probationary status for their first six months
at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a
position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's
BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the
pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date.
Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in
benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in
the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability
coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period
following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision
of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors
Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
Applications received by April 18, 2022 at 11:59
will be given full consideration. Applications
received after that date may be considered until the position is
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606212&PostingSeq=1