Assistant Professor, Educator, Geography
Current UC employees must apply internally
via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts
education into action, ranking among the nation’s best urban public
research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500
faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research
university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the
most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the
Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment,
worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic
health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s
momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6
billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today’s possibilities spark tomorrow’s
The Department of Geography and Geographic Information Sciences
(GIS), University of Cincinnati seeks to fill an Assistant
Professor Educator position in GIS beginning August 15,
2022. The position is a renewable three-year appointment
- The successful candidate is expected to teach both
undergraduate and graduate courses, especially online GIS
- In addition to online GIS courses (e.g., introductory courses
in GIS, remote sensing, and computer cartography), faculty in the
Department of Geography and GIS are expected to teach other courses
including (but not limited to) in-person foundation courses in
human geography and physical geography, as well as at least one
higher level specialty course in these areas (inclusive of
- Educator faculty are expected to teach 3 courses per semester
and to develop at least one new online GIS course currently not
- Expected to perform service (e.g., advising students,
performing committee duties, etc.) in the Department of Geography
- Prior to effective date of appointment, candidates must hold a
PhD in Geography or a related discipline.
- Educator faculty are appointed and evaluated based on teaching
- Applicants are expected to have college-level teaching
experience in several courses related to their prospective duties
as described above.
Create applicant profile in Success Factors at http://jobs.uc.edu . You should
attach the below documents to your application. Please use the
additional documents feature as needed for these items.
- cover letter.
- names and contact information for three references.
- For additional information, please contact the chair of the
search committee Dr. Nicholas Dunning (email@example.com).
Review of applications will begin May 1, 2022 and continue until
the position is filled.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit
options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness
needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and
- Competitive salary will be $60,000.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental,
vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee
wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability
insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick
leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE
REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and
culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an
inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment.
As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include
a Contribution to Diversity and
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action /
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability /
Assistant Professor, Educator, Geography Date: Apr 4,
2022 Location: Cincinnati, OH, US Facility: Main
Apply now »