May 13, 2022
Salary is $34,230.58. Compensation package is comprised of many
college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C4, Non-Exempt.
Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville,
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has
been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the
United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered
institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence,
and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a
comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s
degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in
Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and
Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate
climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural
events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and
Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls
over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60%
of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
The Academic Assistant, Nursing Programs provides direct
administrative support to the Academic Chair and assists with the
general coordination of day-to-day office operations including
providing customer service, maintaining schedules, coordinating
meetings, textbook ordering, faculty loading, general bookkeeping,
and other administrative support tasks. This position also provides
faculty and student assistance and may supervise the work of
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Greet visitors, answer phones, respond to inquiries, resolve
issues based on established college policies, and make appropriate
referrals as necessary.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including data
entry and the drafting, editing, and revision of letters, reports,
and other materials.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and special events by
scheduling and coordinating dates and times, making facility
arrangements, taking attendance, and preparing agendas and
- Perform various duties related to maintaining one or more
individual schedules and coordinate travel arrangements when
- Assist in the preparation and submission of faculty load
sheets, development and maintenance of course schedules, and
collection of syllabi and faculty office hours.
- Assist in the resolution of student issues based on
pre-determined college policies or department practices.
- Manage payroll functions including the submission and audit of
timesheet entries for staff, faculty, and work-study employees and
processing appointments for adjunct faculty.
- May coordinate the adjunct faculty department orientation
- Perform basic, routine bookkeeping functions relative to
program/department budget, which includes tracking purchases and
expenditures and may include assisting in the budget development
- Facilitate, monitor, and/or oversee department purchasing,
inventory, and requisitioning of supplies and equipment, which may
include the coordination of textbook orders.
- Prepare special reports, summaries, and replies to inquiries by
compiling data and statistics from various departmental
- Maintain accurate databases.
- Assist in the development or upkeep of the department/area
- May instruct and oversee the activities of work-study
- Assist in the planning and coordination of special events,
which may include logistics, contracts, hospitality, staffing,
- Comply with all published College Rules, procedures,
guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees,
including but not limited to those related to document
retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible, and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Academic Chair, Nursing Programs
degree and four years of related work experience or a combination
of completed education and/or work experience equal to six years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background
check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or
ahead of established time frames.
- Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate,
manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to
swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action,
and apply the appropriate response.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level
of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
Application Process: All applicants must submit
a completed online SF
Employment Application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date
resume, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this
position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted
for review purposes, official transcripts are
required prior to any offer of employment being
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and
educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member
of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied
the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college
program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national
origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status.
This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to
the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission,
applicants for employment, and the general public. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns
about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual
harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines
and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of