Full Time Tenure Track Faculty Business
Whatcom Community College (WCC) is looking for candidates who
strive to achieve WCC’s core themes – achieving success, building
community, advancing equity, and enhancing effectiveness – to
create a thriving learning community that supports excellence,
opportunity, and equity for students, faculty, and staff. WCC is
focused on building a community of respect, sustainability and
inclusivity through secure, welcoming, and engaging learning
environments that encourage and support the academic and personal
success of WCC students. Understanding this work is a lifelong
process, the opportunities at WCC offer individuals the ability and
means to seek personal and professional growth on and off campus in
an area known for its beauty and culture.
FACULTY AT WHATCOM
Being a faculty member at Whatcom offers the opportunity to
engage in the advancement of equitable student outcomes and the
elimination of equity gaps. Faculty have regular opportunities for
on-campus professional development, collaboration with colleagues,
and engagement in workshops and learning communities. These
opportunities contribute to professional advancement at the
College, as well as personal growth.
The successful candidate:
- Integrates diversity, equity and inclusion throughout services
- Demonstrates content knowledge in the program or
- Uses student centered, inclusive pedagogy with innovative and
inclusive curriculum, and teaching methods.
- Engage in collaborative communication, practices, and
activities with internal and external stakeholders.
The Business department prepares students for transfer,
workforce, or continued education in all areas of business.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Teach required courses that prepare students for the business
workforce or transfer degrees and certificates;
- to collaborate with college faculty and administrators in
contributing to the future vision and scope of business programs at
- to remain current in the field and adapt courses to meet
changing job skills and qualification requirements;
- College faculty teach an equivalent of 15 credits per quarter
and participate in college and/or community service.
- Master’s degree in a business related field from an accredited
- Experience teaching face-to-face courses in a higher education
setting using a student-centered approach to teaching and
- Experience teaching finance, project management, operations
management, or related field.
- Professional background in a finance, project management, or
- Experience developing and implementing diverse instructional
approaches using technology, service learning, or internships.
- Experience in curriculum development and in assessing learning
- Knowledge and understanding of Universal Design for Learning
and accessibility; and experience using a learning management
system, preferably Canvas.
Salary and Appointment:
The 2021-22 Master’s degree salary begins at $62,536 (additional
degrees, experience, and state-funded and negotiated increases will
increase the actual starting salary); 174 day annual
- Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14, state employees must
be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Please note
that any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing
verification of your vaccine status, having an approved medical
accommodation, or having an approved religious accommodation. No
start date will be approved until you have either verified your
vaccine status or have an approved accommodation.
The position comes with a full benefits package, including
health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a
retirement plan. Additionally, as a Washington State, public
higher education institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for
Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). If you work for the
College full time, have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible
repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in
the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which
provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC
- Full-time employees may qualify for Washington State Paid Family Medical
Leave (PFML) benefit.
Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be
received by Monday, April 25th, 2022 at 5:00 pm. Position open
How To Apply
A completed application consists of
an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the
applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement that responds to the following question (1
Whatcom Community College has a strategic plan core theme to
advance equity. Describe ways in which you have actively engaged
and demonstrated a commitment to promoting the success of diverse
students or employees.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official
transcripts required prior to the official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact