The Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law seeks to
hire an Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Lead and manage the student recruitment process by devising and
implementing strategies to meet enrollment goals for the law
school’s J.D. program. This includes:
- developing strategies to maximize outreach to potential
students through traditional means (e.g., career fairs, open
houses, contact with undergraduate institutions, etc.) and
non-traditional means (e.g., social media, targeted internet
- managing the law school’s unique partnerships with external
- developing an annual calendar of internal and external
recruitment and yield management events;
- building a recruitment network that includes the school’s
faculty, alumni, students, and staff to ensure that all
constituencies participate in recruitment efforts;
- creating and overseeing an effective strategy for utilizing the
school’s scholarships, fee remissions and awards as a recruitment
device for students
- ensuring compliance with LSAC, ABA, law school, IUPUI, and
Indiana University best practices,
- devising and overseeing procedures to track the school’s
contacts with applicants and potential applicants; and
- developing communication strategies for effective
- Direct the admissions process for approximately 1000
applicants/year. This includes:
- creating the application,
- overseeing the application completion process,
- devising the admissions protocol/standards alongside the
faculty chair of the admissions committee,
- administering files to the committee for review and overseeing
the committee to meet deadlines for file review,
- conducting file review to make recommendations to the
admissions committee; and
- creating decision emails and letters and notifying applicants
of the admissions decision.
- Compile admissions data and ensure the accuracy and integrity
of data that is provided to the Dean of the law school, Indiana
University and IUPUI leadership, LSAC, ABA, and other relevant
external reporting agencies.
- Consistently analyze data and outcomes to utilize in decision
making related to goal setting, adjusting class targets, and making
admissions decisions as the class is being built on a rolling
- Oversee the operations budget for the enrollment management
- Manage and lead the enrollment management staff. This includes
hiring, training, coaching, and monitoring and evaluating weekly
and annual performance of the enrollment management staff.
- Travel to and represent the law school at recruitment events
for the purpose of recruiting prospective students.
Qualified candidates should have a master’s degree or equivalent
in a discipline, such as an M.B.A., from an accredited U.S. college
or university. A Juris Doctor degree is preferred. At least 4 years
of experience in admission, enrollment management, higher education
student affairs or a related field is required. One or more years
of supervisory experience is required.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position
include excellent communication skills, and writing and editing
skills; demonstrated organizational and leadership skills;
experience working with databases for purposes tracking contracts
and applicants would be a plus; ability to work occasional evenings
and weekends, and periodic travel.
Compensation for this position will be up to $77,000, not
inclusive of benefits.
Review of materials will begin immediately and will continue
until the appointment is made. All applications must be submitted
online prior to May 5, 2022. For a description of the position and
to apply for posting #299911, please visit https://jobs.iu.edu.
Indiana University is an equal employment and
affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status
or protected veteran status.