Career Opportunity Number
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
Master’s Degree from an academic institution (accredited by an
institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department
At least four years full-time experience in respiratory therapy of
which two years shall be experience on the faculty of an accredited
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; may be required to work
different shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Positions contingent on budget-appropriated funding. Position
available July 2022 unless otherwise approved.
An MCC application must be accompanied by the following:
* A cover letter which indicates the position of interest and
addresses the following:
- Respond to the Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and
- The highlights of your education and experience which
specifically prepare you for this position;
- The mission of the community college and how you would contribute
to the mission;
- How your teaching style would reflect the diverse learning style
of our students;
- Your familiarity with the instructional technology appropriate to
- The basis for your familiarity with multi-culturalism as you
would apply it to your discipline; and
- The methods of assessment you would use to assess student
* A resume to include three professional references with name,
address, and phone number.
* Official or student copies of your transcripts.
Official transcripts are required if selected for
Brief Description of Duties:
- Conducts systematic needs assessments periodically for
respiratory care positions.
- Participates in activities for marketing the program and
recruitment of students into the respiratory care curriculum.
- Develop and maintain an innovative curriculum in respiratory
care that meets the standards for accreditation by the Committee on
Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Submit CoArc Annual Report and other reports as needed by the
college or accrediting agency.
- Establish and maintain an Advisory Committee for the program.
Solicit input from the members for the advancement of the
- Provide leadership to faculty in the development and
maintenance of courses to support the curriculum.
- Teach respiratory care classes as required.
- Advise students with program-related problems and academic and
- Select students for the Respiratory Care Program.
- Evaluate program, including but not limited to, evaluation of
clinical affiliate rotations, evaluation of college laboratory and
didactic experience, graduate follow-up, and employer
- Recruit and develop potential clinical sites or clinical
- Preview and select appropriate text, media, and computer
instruction programs for respiratory care.
- Maintain laboratory instrumentation inventory and
- Work with other College departments as needed to promote
- Maintain program records and accreditation status.
- Supervise Clinical Director of Respiratory Care and all related
- Identify and make recommendations on appropriate faculty to
include adjuncts and staff capable of insuring a successful
- Continually monitor and evaluate the accomplishments of
students, staff, and the Advisory Committee at the end of each
- Identify and submit funding proposals for Perkins and
- Develop and maintain budget for the program.
- Keep abreast of developments in respiratory care, pulmonary
resuscitation, and education necessary for continuing a model
- Serve on other college committees and carry out special
projects assigned by the Dean of Instruction, Vice President of
Instruction and Student Services and Campus President and or Vice
Chancellor of Instruction.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
Must hold a current professional license as required by the State
Specific Experience Required:
• Knowledge of management principles;
• Knowledge of advanced principles and practices in assigned area
• Knowledge of public relations principles;
• Knowledge of community agencies and resources;
• Knowledge of academic development principles and practices;
• Knowledge of instructional methods and techniques;
• Knowledge of program development, planning, and administration
principles and practices;
• Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules,
regulations, and/or standards;
• Knowledge of policy and procedure development practices;
• Skilled in prioritizing and assigning work;
• Skilled in making program decisions based on financial
• Skilled in adapting to rapidly changing environments;
• Skilled in interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and
• Skilled in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions,
projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making
recommendations in support of goals;
• Skilled in handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Skilled in providing customer service;
• Skilled in monitoring and evaluating programs;
• Skilled in collaborating with internal departments and external
• Skilled in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as
applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general
public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey
Preferred Areas of Expertise:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- * Do you have 2 years of experience on the faculty of an
accredited respiratory program?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Letter of Recommendation 03
- Letter of Recommendation 04