Lead Recruitment Specialist
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• This creative and energetic individual will design and implement
positive, impactful visit experiences, and collaborate with campus
partners to achieve university enrollment goals.
• An idea generator with strong creative problem-solving skills,
excellent organization skills and superior attention to
• Governs all things related to campus tours to include:
communications, booking visits, training student tour guides,
feedback and advising the Tour Guide student organization.
• Manages a recruitment territory- including travel, literature
drop offs, college fairs (in person and virtual), information
sessions, high school visits, electronic outreach, scholarship
award and signing ceremonies, etc.
• Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with
students, parents, and high school counselors and principals in
assigned territory. This includes in person and electronic
communications with a specific focus on assigned target high
schools, community colleges and S.T.E.A.M. populations.
• Give presentations (virtually or in person both on and off
campus) to prospective K-8, high school and community college
• Tracks all interactions with prospective students in CRM and
Banner such as phone-a-thons, missing documents or “seal the deal”
calls to be included in daily activity report.
• Counsels ineligible students on educational alternatives and
explains negative admission decisions.
• Updates student records upon request such as address, phone
number, email, etc.
• Develops and maintains an up-to-date understanding of Central
State University’s academic programs, curriculum, and degree
requirements, including program-to-program and general articulation
• Adheres to university recruiting and admission guidelines and
standards and adheres to provisions set forth in the National
Association of College Admission Counseling Standards and
Principles of Good Practice.
• Collaborates with access partners and educators to track students
through the application and enrollment process, including, as
needed, updates on applicant status and guidance regarding fees,
housing, financial aid, health records and new student
• Provides incoming students with enrollment services including
recruiting, scholarship information, basic financial aid
counseling, and appropriate service referrals.
• Implements and assists with specific diversity initiatives that
enhance the recruitment, and retention of students including
outreach events activities to increase diversity recruitment.
• Performs guided tours and provides assistance with all on campus
tours on an as-needed basis especially if student or group is in
the assigned territory.
• Work collaboratively with other departments on events, programs,
or recruitment as needed.
• Perform other related admissions/recruitment duties as
• This position requires extensive travel to the community
colleges, school districts, and college access organizations.
Office arrangements may be based on successful applicants’
locations and demands of the University/communities.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Experience working in a team-oriented approach within a complex
organization and experience serving diverse populations is
• Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible admissions or
related higher education experience.
• Banner-familiar; technically proficient, including Microsoft
Office 365 as well as social media and other emerging
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including report
• Self-starting, able to work independently and remotely while
maintaining a high level of professionalism, productivity,
integrity and pleasant demeanor.
• Understands and committed to the University’s core mission and
• A valid driver’s license is required. Ability to perform evening,
overnight and weekend travel as required.
• Familiarity with Ohio Transfer Module and associated
• Familiarity with S.T.E.A.M. and experience with working with
students from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds.
• Bilingual (Spanish)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts