Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an opening for
Primary Care Faculty (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill,
knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that included 401(k), Health,
Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays. A
hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for
RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be an active faculty member in the Department of Primary Care
Medicine through participation in teaching, service, scholarly
activities, and clinical work at RVUCOM-Southern Utah.
Essential Job Functions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Actively participate in the education and instruction of
medical students, while providing mentorship and motivation for
learning, research, and scholarly activity in classroom
environments, clinical settings, active learning groups, laboratory
experience, and research opportunities.
- Provide clinical services in ascertained clinical settings
consistent with training and degree as assigned by administration
and chair. This includes accurate and timely documentation and
billing for services, as well as sharing call and other after-hour
duties related to patient care.
- Maintain regular office hours for student advising, tutoring,
- Provide service to the university community and students
through serving on COM and department committees, and participating
in community outreach events and in professional organizations or
groups as assigned by the Department Vice Chair or Department
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students, as
well as provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that
each student meets the college's established standards in medical
knowledge, skills and competency.
- Participate in the faculty development program, which includes
assessing and providing feedback on the didactics delivered by
fellow faculty members.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and
portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional
development activities and plans, service provided to college and
community, scholarly activity, and research.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical
behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work
cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to assist RVU in
fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic
administrative duties, providing patient care, service, other
special duties as assigned, and in your own personal career
- Other duties as assigned by the SU Campus Dean or his/her
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Demonstrate proficient medical knowledge and skills in the
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the use of electronic
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the application of
osteopathic principles and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum templates.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of
clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical
research or education.
- Eligible for medical license and all required certificates in
the state of Utah.
- Eligible for coverage by university's malpractice insurer if
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience in
clinical, professional or educational settings.
- Terminal degree (MD or DO) with
- Academic and teaching experience at a medical school or in a
Graduate Medical Education program (such as teaching medical
students or residents).
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
- Academic and teaching experience at a college of osteopathic
- 1-3 years of academic or clinical teaching experience.
- Prior experience and proficiency in Family Medicine, Internal
Medicine, and/or hospital medicine.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email
including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.