Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
This position provides security on-campus and off-campus of Texas
A&M University-Corpus Christi and ensures the policies for the
satellite buildings, and the policies set forth by Texas A&M
University-Corpus Christi are being followed within the facility
that they are assigned to.
- Provide security on campus and at off campus locations owned or
controlled by the university by patrolling areas on foot, cart, or
- Observe and report irregularities such as safety hazards,
security breaches, and emergency situations.
- Assist with unlocking and locking doors and
- Enforce parking rules and regulations and issue citations to
those in violation.
- Provide assistance to motorists needing help with problems such
as keys locked in cars or jumpstarts. Provide information to the
public regarding parking regulations, locations of parking lots,
streets, and buildings.
- Secure parking lots for special events by setting up
barricades. Maintain security of lot.
- Assist other divisions within the University Police Department
when requested. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six (6) months of related experience.
- Basic skills using computers and knowledge in the use of hand
- Able to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Able to work shift work and able to frequently lift and/or move
- One (1) year of related security experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Security-Officer_R-048325-1