University of Idaho
Extension Faculty - Canyon County - Livestock/Small Acreage &
4-H Youth Development
Off Campus Location - Canyon County Extension,
Col of Agricultural & Life
Commensurate with experience
The University of Idaho Extension is seeking an Assistant or
Associate Professor, Extension Educator, in the Southern District,
Canyon County. The Extension Educator will provide overall
leadership and organization for Canyon County Livestock and Small
Acreage programming (90%) and support for 4-H Youth Development
programs in a specific area of expertise (10%). The educator will
collaborate with appropriate state, district, and county faculty to
develop and conduct livestock, pasture and forage production and
small acreage management educational programs. They will coordinate
program efforts with the appropriate commodity organizations,
governmental agencies and other collaborators. The Educator will
document results from evaluation studies that measure whether
participants in major programs gain knowledge, implement best
management practices, become more effective land stewards, and
successfully manage their natural resources. Program content will
be determined by conducting a needs assessment of Canyon County
livestock (cattle focus) producers and small acreage landowners.
Programs will be delivered through classes, workshops,
demonstrations, volunteer training sessions, and other methods as
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a field of
study related to Animal Science, Farm Management, Agricultural and
Extension Education, Adult Education or a closely related
- Ability to provide organizational structure and support for a
variety of individuals and groups.
- Ability to adapt research materials for effective oral and
- Ability to recruit, teach, organize, and manage volunteer
- Willing and able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule
(i.e. participate in evening and weekend programs).
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Experience in Livestock or Small Acreage Extension Education
(relevant experience acquired within the last 5 years
- Ability to work well in a team and provide effective
instruction, support and marketing.
- Computer literacy and good written and verbal communication
- Previous experience working with un-served and minority
- Supervisory experience and proven ability to lead and mentor
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by April 30, 2022
receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of
qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred
qualifications listed.In addition, your application materials must
include a CV, names & contact information for at least three
(3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:Patrick A.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative