Posting Details (Default Section)
Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life
Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
Hiring Manager Title:
University Director of Housing and Residence Life
Commensurate with Experience
The Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life is responsible
for the development and operations of the campus residential
services program. The Associate Director coordinates the
comprehensive management of a residence hall program focused on
community development and the provision of a residential
environment supportive of the campus’s academic mission. This
position is also responsible for managing and operating a group of
residence halls. The Associate Director of Housing and Residence
Life reports to the University Director of Housing and Residence
Life. This position is a 12-month, full-time, professional, live-in
1. Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education
Administration, or related field.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years prior full-time professional experience
(including live-in experience)
3. Must possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication
(oral and written), and human relations skills in addition to
effective administrative, supervision, organizational, time
management, and problem-solving skills.
4. High level or organizational skills and the ability to work on
multiple tasks effectively.
5. Ability to promote student academic success, provide leadership
for positively managing a diverse residential community.
6. Ability and desire to work with a diverse population of
students, faculty, staff and administrators.
7. Knowledge of computer systems for data management, word
processing and other related applications. Colleague, The Housing
Director software system, and/or Maxient experience
8. Willing and able to work non-standard hours as required,
including evenings and weekends. Incumbent is required to live on
9. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
35 per week
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter