- The Director of Pipeline Optimization implements a
comprehensive prospect identification program that identifies,
rates, and recommends prospects for the university across all
fundraising programs to support cultivation and solicitation
activity by advancement staff, campus partners, and campaign
- Proactively manages alerts and other research tools on
principal gifts prospects.
- Develops and implement policies and standards for
donor/prospect research projects with the primary focus on major
and principal gifts.
- Leads portfolio review meetings and assists development
officers in developing targeted strategies toward
- Manages the assignment of prospects and partners ensuring
fundraising activity is coordinated and prospects are moved
successfully through the fundraising cycle.
- Delivers quantitative and qualitative analysis of pipeline
activity and movement to drive strategic planning across
Advancement, including modeling and donor journey analytics.
- Collaborates with the Technology and Analytics teams to make
recommendations for database modifications needed to support
effective reporting and analysis.
- Leads the strategic and long-range planning for identifying new
prospects to support priority initiatives for the annual
- Oversee annual strategic pipeline optimization business plan
and budget for the unit.
- Manages, trains, and directs a team of professionals.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree and ten years of experience in higher
education, development, fundraising, healthcare, or equivalent
experience in a non-profit institution with a minimum of five years
- Successful candidates will possess extensive experience
managing projects, budgets, and financial reports, working with
various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience
with mass email applications, project management software, and CRM
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with attention
to detail, the ability to work with ambiguity, and navigate a
complex work environment.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
and possess the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience leading teams, working independently as well as
collaboratively to achieve goals, with a commitment to delivering
exceptional customer service.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service, the
ability to work collaboratively.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to
confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from
home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a
flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule
is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work.
Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice