Administrative Coordinator- Teacher Education Advisement &
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recommends establishment of and respond to inquiries regarding
Center and Institute procedures and policies from staff and
visitors, serve as resource person to staff.
• Handles correspondence and appointment scheduling independently
for Department administrators.
• Performs routine clerical duties and other duties and
responsibilities as assigned.
• Compiles presentations and coordinated additional
meeting/presentation arrangements and requirements.
• Coordinates Center and Institute supervisor, advisor, and other
staff and consultants’ schedules and projects.
• Manages critical/Time-sensitive projects as needed.
• Maintains and tallies data on program admissions; Praxis I test
readiness status, scores and results; workshop/seminar surveys
• Handles candidate/customer inquiries in critical situations,
interacts with other departments/division heads.
• Assists Center in establishing and executing programs and
activities by providing clerical and administrative support in the
areas of communications, database and website maintenance, and
other technical assistance to implement the objectives.
• Manages Budget Procedures – inputs requisitions and processing of
invoices for Center, including, as well as serving as key contact
for Accounts Payable, Purchasing and the Budget Office.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to provide friendly and efficient service to internal and
external candidates, other students, customers and clients.
• Knowledge of computers and MS Office software.
• Knowledge of university systems, policies, and procedures.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively supervise other support personnel.
• Ability to work independently of direct supervision and maintain
• Ability to work under tight deadline pressure.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience: two – three years of related work experience in a
high-paced, dynamic professional or university setting.
Central State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- * To what extent have you used the Central State University
Banner System for initiating requisitions and other related
- Not at all
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts