Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville
actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their
fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an
integral part of the University’s learning community and in the
supervision of graduate students in on-ground clinical
The Walker College of Health Professions is accepting applications
for a professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to clinically
supervise graduate students in our on-campus master’s
Our program is looking for clinical supervisors with pediatric and
adult expertise. Preferred areas of expertise include: AAC,
Aphasia, Dysphagia, & Voice Disorders, Fluency Disorders, and
Apraxia of Speech
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Supervise graduate students during therapy sessions as specified
in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the
University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Clearly communicate clinical expectations, teaching methodology
and assignment deadlines with students.
• Employ a variety of instructional, supervisory and mentoring
styles in order to effectively support student learning during
clinical experiences by connecting academic knowledge to clinical
• Encourage active learning through wrap up meetings and student
• Provide verbal and written feedback during and after online
therapy sessions regarding student performance across the KASA
• Grade written documentation (i.e. treatment plans and SOAP notes)
in a timely and thorough manner (treatment plans graded with enough
time for edits prior to sessions and SOAP notes before next note is
due so student can learn from feedback provided).
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Masters in Speech-Language Pathology, Certificate of Clinical
• Missouri State Licensure from the Missouri Board for the Healing
Arts or be eligible for licensure in the state of Missouri
• Clinical experience providing evaluation and therapy services via
• Previous experience supervising graduate-level speech-language
• Completed at least 2 hours or professional development in the
area of clinical supervision/education
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Department is using this position announcement to build a
qualified pool of clinical supervisors to fill teaching needs as
they arise. This position is not designated for a specific course
Transcripts are required to complete the application. Unofficial
transcripts are acceptable for application purposes.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: March 29, 2022