Posting Details (Default Section)
Research & Instruction Librarian
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Hiring Manager Title:
Commensurate with Experience
Instruct graduate and undergraduate classes in information literacy
and research methodology. Answer reference questions and assist
students, faculty, and other members of the academic community in
their information literacy skills development and research methods.
Experience with Business research resources preferred. Share
collection development responsibilities with the Research and
Instruction team. Administer the library during weekend and evening
hours as scheduled. The incumbents are expected to work
independently, but share responsibilities with other members of the
Research and Instruction Department. This position reports to the
Associate University Librarian for User Services
1. MLS from an ALA accredited school; Additional Master’s Degree in
a discipline related to courses of study offered at Fairleigh
Dickinson University preferred.
2. Must have demonstrable experience performing reference, online
searching and information literacy instruction. Business
librarianship experience preferred.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
human relations skills. Must be a team player and welcome the
opportunity to work well with a diverse population.
4. Must be knowledgeable in library computer systems and academic
library research platforms. Must have knowledge of basic computer
software/hardware operations (laptops and PCs), and daily functions
of working in a digital environment (email, word processing,
5. Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability
to work independently.
6. Personal commitment to ongoing professional development to
maintain skills, competency and awareness of best practices of the
7. Must be available to work evening and weekend hours as
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Fall/Spring: Monday-Thursday 3pm-11pm; Saturday 10am-6pm
Intercession/summer: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3