St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis,
in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles
Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve
a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to
increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help
prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates
will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student
The Corporate & Community Development Department at St.
Charles Community College is seeking a part-time,
Project-Based AEL Instructor(s). The instructors will be
responsible for preparing for, instructing, and managing a class of
adult learners studying English at different ability levels as well
as remediating adults to pass their high school equivalency exams.
Candidate should have strong English grammar skills and confidence
in teaching grammar, vocabulary, workforce concepts and
employability skills to students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs adult English language learners in the areas of
reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Works cooperatively with other agencies to prepare appropriate
students for transition to post-secondary education or workforce
- Plans and conducts group instructional activities to begin and
end at posted class times. Prepares materials for volunteers and
provides homework for students
- Plans individual, small group, and large group instructional
activities based on individual student needs.
- Documents lesson plans and teaching strategies on Lesson Plan
- A Bachelor's degree and/or
- Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) certification required; this
certification can be provided by SCC for the right candidate.
- Previous adult education/literacy experience preferred.
- Previous ESL teaching experience preferred.
Applicants: This is a project-based and grant
funded. Experience will be considered.
*Numerous positions are available. Some positions are
specific to teaching students English and others are specific to
instructing to remediate adults to pass their high school
Hours: Tuesday and Friday's mornings (9am -
Noon) and Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings (6-9pm.)
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.