Rhodes College seeks (2) Assistant Athletic Trainers to assist
the Coordinator of Athletic Training Services in coordinating all
phases of the sports medicine program for intercollegiate athletes.
These full-time 10 month positions will begin July 25, 2022, for
the 2022-23 academic school year.
- Regular attendance is an essential function to perform the
duties of this position.
- Provide care to student-athletes through competent evaluations,
physician referrals, treatment/rehabilitation of athletic injuries
and emergency care when necessary.
- Responsible for communication with assigned coaches: injury
reports, practice times and schedules.
- Provide medical coverage as assigned by the Coordinator of
Athletic Training Services for all athletic teams with their
practices, games and special events.
- Position 1: Primary responsibilities include Field Hockey and
Women's Lacrosse with secondary duty of Swimming and assist with
- Position 2: Primary responsibilities include Women's Soccer and
Softball with secondary duty of Volleyball and Tennis.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Coordinator of
Athletic Training Services.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- NATA BOC certified; State of TN license eligible.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certified.
- This position requires a valid driver's license, good driving
record and must be insurable by the college's insurance
- Must communicate effectively with all types of people, and
establish and maintain a strong working relationship with students,
parents, alumni, faculty, staff and other college personnel.
- Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal
- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Position involves both inside sedentary work and active work on
athletic courts/fields while providing coverage and care for
- Lifting required (i.e., set-up of coolers, etc.), some manual
labor is expected.
- Evening and weekend hours in all types of weather, with travel