Student Recruiter I
- St. Louis Community College
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 28, 2022
Title: Student Recruiter I
Employee Classification: Professional F/T 52 Wks Unit
The Student Recruiter I plans and implements recruitment activities: facilitates programs with local schools, organizations, institutions, and businesses. They guide and facilitate the admissions process and enrollment steps for prospective, new and continuing students by processing and maintaining accurate records and responding to inquiries from students, parents, faculty, community constituents and staff via email, chat, phone and in person.
Primary Duties Performed:
Recruit prospective students by proactively communicating the enrollment process,
program-specific details, and general STLCC information via email, telephone, social
media, individual appointments, walk-in inquiries, campus tours, and group information
• Create presentations and conduct outreach to high school students, adults, special
populations, school districts, community agencies, and other external groups to initiate and
maintain programs and partnership opportunities; ensures consistent, relevant, and
appropriate communications to partners to promote and advance positive relationship with
• Maintain a schedule of events for student recruitment activities including on-campus visits
and tours for prospective students and groups.
• Represent the college at area schools by interacting with classes and individual students.
• Establish and maintain relationships with school counselors, teachers and
• Represent the college at community and business agencies and at community events
including college, career, and education fairs. Establish and maintain community and
business contacts for student recruitment purposes.
• Collaborate with other college departments, local businesses, and community groups to
form partnerships for the promotion of the College.
• Utilize Banner and CRM to track outreach. Ensure completed prospect information cards
are entered into Banner/CRM in a timely manner.
• Participate in Enrollment campaigns that reach out to prospective and current students to
meet overall enrollment goals.
• Advise school administrators, school counselors, teachers, students, and parents on STLCC
policies and procedures related to Admissions and Enrollment
• Participate in training programs to develop professionally and become fully informed about the
College and admissions strategies.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all parts of the enrollment process and assist students by
administering placement testing, workshops and presentations, campus tours, or other initiatives
• Assist in the delivery of district wide initiatives, in collaboration with other offices, to enroll and
support all student populations (dual credit, dual enrollment, international students, transfer
students, visiting students, first time in college students, etc).
• Must maintain knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and commit to operating in compliance 100% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned. Weekend and evening work may be required
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and over one (1) year of relevant full time experience.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Desire to cultivate relationships with community based organizations and underrepresented populations.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert