To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the Next
button or select the page in the left
hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the Posting Summary Page
by clicking on the
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or
select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a
summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action
button for a list of possible approval step options.
Posting Detail Information
Staff - Support (Pool Position)
Purpose of Job
This announcement is to retain a pool of qualified applicants for
support staff positions. The submission of an application and our
acceptance thereof does not indicate that there are positions open,
and in no way obligates Alcorn State University
Applicants may indicate an interest in full-time or part-time
Posted Salary Range
Commensurate with Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Below are examples of Support Staff job titles and requirements at
Alcorn State University.
Specific positions may have additional requirements.
• Clerk – High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D); and 3 years
administrative support or secretarial experience.
• Receptionist/Secretary – High school diploma or equivalent
(G.E.D); and 1 year administrative support or secretarial
• Administrative Assistant – High school diploma or equivalent
(G.E.D); and 3 years administrative support or secretarial
• Preschool/Toddler Teacher – Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) or two
year technical certificate in Child Development or Early Education;
and 2 years child care or preschool experience.
• Residential Community Coordinator – Associate degree (A.S., A.A.)
or two year technical certificate.
• Greeter – High School Diploma or G.E.D
• Campus Police Officer – High School Diploma or G.E.D, and up to 1
year experience. Licensing Requirements: Certified Law
• Firefighter/ EMT – High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D); and
1 year of emergency and fire training. Licensing Requirements:
Emergency Medical Technicians Certification, Emergency Vehicle
Operation Certification, Firefighter Certification, Fire Inspector
Special Instructions Summary
Please be prepared to upload a résumé, cover letter and/or other
required documents and any certifications related to the position
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application