Since 1957, CCBC has opened the doors to accessible, affordable,
high-quality education empowering generations of area residents to
improve their lives and the lives of others. Each year, more than
63,000 students enroll at the college’s main campuses, extension
centers and online.
The General Services Associate position provides an immediate
full-time (40 hours per week) opportunity to those individuals with
no general services experience to gain the training experience to
prepare successful candidates to be promoted to a benefits eligible
(i.e. Vacation and Personal Leave, Medical Insurance, Retirement
Plan, and paid selected holidays and break periods) full-time
General Service Clerk position, and a pay increase, in as little as
six-weeks. Safe and Sick Leave is offered to all General Services
General Services Associate’s performs activities associated with
General Services support for the college.
New employees are entitled to a $500 signing bonus after 9
months in a full-time benefit-qualified position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Flexibility and ability to change shift when requested.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean
driving record of less than five (5) points on driving
- Ability to participate in bloodborne pathogens training within
six (6) months of employment.
- Hepatitis B vaccination or a signed waiver.
- Candidates may be required to successfully pass a background
investigation, to include driving, fingerprint and criminal history
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete a physical
examination, including drug screening prior to being promoted to a
General Services Clerk position. Candidates who are unsuccessful in
successfully completing a physical examination will not be eligible
for promotion to General Services Clerk and will be removed from
the Associate position.
This is an Essential Position and the employee must be available
for building emergencies, and to perform regular duties or other
assigned duties at times when the campus is closed to students and
non-essential staff. Subject to 24-hours standby or call-in for
building emergencies. May be required to work overtime or special
hours as needed or required.
Class Specific Essential Duties
This position has an emphasis in one of three areas within the
General Services functionality of Facilities Management; though, is
that the expectation that position is interchangeable based upon
need and direction of supervisor.
Central Receiving & Event Set-Up
- Participates in the mail operations, including pick-ups,
sorting, interoffice/ overnight/special mail campus delivery and
the courier operations between the college campus locations, when
necessary or requested.
- Assists college personnel in the accurate preparation of
outgoing mailings, as necessary and requested.
- Participates in the Central Receiving Area of receiving,
unloading, verifying, documenting and disbursing of equipment and
- Operates campus vehicle to deliver equipment, furniture,
materials and supplies to college locations.
- Performs routine set-up and breakdown of college
- Assists in the implementation of college and non-college
- Provides back-up support to other general services
- Participates in snow removal or duties as assigned in response
to college emergencies, as necessary and/or directed.
- Effectively performs in a service environment and follows all
county, state, college, and departmental policies and
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are
not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.