As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent
many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks
Executive Director of Enrollment
Management to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity.
Reporting to the VP of Enrollment, Marketing and Communications,
this position has the responsibility to plan, oversee, organize,
and help direct the University’s enrollment management efforts and
activities; to ensure that assigned functions fulfill University
goals and objectives; to supervise assigned staff; and to provide
highly complex and responsible leadership.
The Executive Director supervises the Directors of Admissions
(graduate & undergraduate), and other managers and staff
assigned to these departments as well as collaborates closely with
the Director of Financial Aid and the Director of Enrollment
Operations. The Executive Director is responsible for the
development and implementation of the Enrollment Management Plan
including tuition strategies as well as budget development and
administration. The Executive Director will promote Marian
University’s Catholic mission and identity by having knowledge of
academic programs, scholarship opportunities, and the general
education programs at the University. The Executive Director will
be responsible for conducting the annual assessment of the
performance of the department, staff, and the implementation of
appropriate revisions of objectives and strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of
Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values,
honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity
in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual
traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Oversees the admissions operations and recruitment; oversees
the admission process including the recruitment, evaluation,
selection and matriculation of new undergraduate and graduate
- Analyzes inquiry and application trends to identify potential
opportunities for advancement or efficiency; monitors admissions
activities and processes through analysis from key performance
- Leads, manages, mentors, and coaches the Admissions team;
oversees hiring of all admissions staff; oversees and assists in
the training, development, motivation and ongoing management of
staff including annual and ongoing reviews.
- Designs and implement recruitment strategies to meet
undergraduate first-year full time and transfer student enrollment
goals as well as graduate goals.
- Assists leadership in developing policies and administration of
institutional grants and scholarships, and associated leveraging
- Prepares and maintains the departmental budget; monitors and
evaluates the effectiveness of policies and procedures; performs
other duties as assigned
- Collaborates with staff, department chairs, and faculty in key
areas to support and assist in recruitment efforts; cultivates and
maintains relationships with high schools, guidance and community
college counselors and alumni to assist in accomplishing enrollment
- Represents the University at admission-sponsored events on, off
campus; develops, and manages all recruitment and yield
- Develops strategic, data-driven new student admission and
enrollment strategies and goals with senior leadership.
- Presents and analyzes data regarding new student admissions to
assess status toward goals, areas of concern, and relevant trends,
and use of that data to direct recruitment initiatives mid-cycle
and for future planning.
- Serves as the institutional lead in the development of
recruitment and new student communications plan from initial
inquiry to matriculation.
- In consultation with the appropriate constituents, creates a
comprehensive recruitment plan (including student search, print and
electronic publications, web, and social media)
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and Minimum of five (5) years of Enrollment
Management experience with a demonstrated enthusiasm for leading a
staff who values collaboration and teamwork to accomplish
- Minimum of 7 years in admissions experience.
- Knowledge of best practices, trends, and issues in university
admissions at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Knowledge of the use of analytical indicators in the
recruitment and advisement of students.
- Understanding of academic culture; an appreciation for and
knowledge of current technology and software in student
- Ability to represent the department and university in diverse
- Ability to develop and strengthen the growth of the staff in
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills,
technical documentation skills, and personal interaction abilities
and high level of professionalism
- Skills in collecting, verifying, and reporting data
- Strong organizational, time management and project planning
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of federal and state financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of best practice in the recruitment of medical school