Washburn Institute of
seeks applications for a Technical Instructor for
the evening Licensed Practical Nursing – program to begin August 1,
2022. This is a 10-month, full-time position with benefits. This
position is expected to work Monday-Thursday 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
This position will also work varying clinical hours which can
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. (RNs without a BSN may be
considered with approval from the Kansas State Board of Nursing, if
no BSN applicants are available.)
- Current Kansas licensure as a registered nurse in good standing
with no disciplinary action pending.
- Experience working in clinical sites which may include acute,
ambulatory, and long-term care settings. Areas to be taught may
include content across the life span from infancy through
- Experience using computer word processing and spreadsheet
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- One year teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
The Technical Instructor position consists of four essential
functions: teaching, service, collegiality, and professional
- Participate in the development, organization, implementation,
and evaluation of curriculum.
- Participate in developing standards for student admission,
progression, and program completion.
- Develop course objectives and content and laboratory
experiences and implement the course of study in cooperation with
- Teach both theoretical and clinical learning experiences.
- Select and maintain appropriate materials, audiovisuals, and
equipment to enhance student education.
- Direct, guide and evaluate student performance in the clinical
and laboratory setting.
- Maintain a positive learning environment.
- Maintain student records about the program (i.e., certification
testing and the assessment plan); administer tests.
- Evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign
grades. Share (as appropriate) information with the Student
Services and Dean's offices; and use the University's Learning
Management System to track grades as required.
- Evaluate each course taught and performance in teaching.
- Assist in recruitment, selection, retention, evaluation,
advising and counseling of program students.
- Participate in college-wide staff development days,
departmental meetings and fulfill committee assignments.
- Serve on campus-wide committees as needed; participate actively
in departmental/program advisory board meetings.
- Foster a positive relationship with industry and the
- Submit budget and purchase recommendations.
- Act in a manner that promotes collegial relationships and shows
respect toward students, staff, and colleagues.
- Participate in graduation ceremonies and other ceremonial
events as pertains to the department.
- Actively participate in professional organizations and advisory
committees. Attend healthcare and education seminars, conferences,
- Stay abreast of innovations and developments in the
professional field and take advantage of the University's
instructional support programs.
- Adhere to college and University policies and perform
additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Application review will begin April 3, 2022, and continue until the
position is filled. To apply submit a letter of interest, resume,
copies of transcripts, copies of current credentials, and the names
and contact information of three professional references to
. Please use “Tech Instructor -LPN (evening)” in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background
check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered
and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek
candidates who are committed to Washburn's efforts to create a
campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse
student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups
that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its
programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status,
or marital or parental status.