Assistant/Associate Professor of Book Publishing
Book Publishing: The English Department at Portland State University invites applications for a tenure-track position as Director of Publishing to begin September 16, 2018 at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Directing the MA/MS program in Book Publishing.
- Teaching a 2/2/2 course load (quarter system).
- Teaching core courses in our undergraduate and graduate degree programs, such as book editing, editorial theory, and research topics in book publishing.
- Providing other courses in support of the English and University Studies curricula.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- The candidate will be active scholar with a research background, as demonstrated in publications, conference presentations, and/or the dissertation, in Publishing Studies.
- The candidate will have two years or more of cumulative university teaching experience
- A PhD in Publishing, English, Cultural Studies, Media Studies, Communication, or a related field is required. Candidates who are ABD will be considered but must have their degree in hand by September 16, 2018
Preferred qualifications include:
- Publishing-related industry experience related to book production, such as book acquisition, editing, marketing, and design.
- A record of publishing studies research related to contemporary book publishing and/or editing/editorial theory.
Compensation includes course releases for service as director; competitive salary; and excellent benefits.
Submit letter of interest, CV, writing sample not to exceed 30 pages, and contact information for three references to https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu.
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2017, and continue until the position is filled. Letters of reference will be requested for shortlisted candidates. We will conduct preliminary interviews via Skype. Please direct any inquiries about the position to email@example.com.
Portland State University supports equal opportunity in admissions, education, employment, housing, and use of facilities by prohibiting discrimination in those areas based on age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law. For a full position announcement and to apply please go to https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/24626.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland
- Digital Media Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland
- English & Literature Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Portland