JOB SUMMARY :
Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution,
and a member of the University System of Maryland, is accepting
applications to fill an Assistant Professor tenure-track position
in Elementary Education for the Department of Teaching and Learning
within the College of Arts, Sciences, and Education ( CASE .)
Coppin is an urban residential Historically Black College and
University ( HBCU ) serving nearly 3,000 students enrolled in day,
evening, weekend, and online courses. The undergraduate and
graduate programs special education initial certification and
advanced that prepares educators for the 1-8 classrooms. The
finalist must have knowledge of the accreditation process Council
for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation ( CAEP ) and the
program review process as related to CEC .
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Teach undergraduate and graduate special education courses,
including methods and student teaching, and assist students in
fulfilling their maximum potential by conducting comprehensive
academic advisement sessions.
- Conduct scholarly research in special or teacher
- Participation in program related accreditation activities for
the department and academic unit.
- Participate in services activities conducted by the University,
College, department, and community, which includes outreach to
Community Colleges and high schools.
- Other duties as assigned as related to faculty workload
- Doctoral degree required in Special Education or a closely
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Teaching experience in special education P-12 environment.
- University teaching experience is preferred.
Position Detail Information
- Demonstrated ability to deliver innovative and student-centered
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching contributions in teacher
education, research, and supervision of interns.
- Demonstrated evidence of working in diverse learning
- Demonstrated evidence of incorporating technology in courses to
engage diverse learners.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on university-wide
- Demonstrated ability to interact with students to support their
progression to the degree and their service to the community.
Posting Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant