Associate Director, Web Content and Strategy
The Associate Director, Web and Digital Content works closely with
marketing and recruitment colleagues in in Rowan University's
Division of Strategic Enrollment Management, and with university
partners across the institution, to execute timely website and
digital content projects with thoughtful, organized content in
keeping with the University's brand and messaging strategies.
The Associate Director, Web and Digital Content is a content
creator, strategist, and writer who works closely with creative
team members, web designers, other content strategists, and
marketers to identify ways to streamline content, define content
groupings to maximize user experience and to achieve strategic
website goals. The Associate Director, Web and Digital Content is
also responsible for establishing and leading key word and SEO
strategy on the team.
The Associate Director, Web and Digital Content works closely with
other website content producers on a project-by-project basis to
ensure editorial style, messaging, and brand consistency. Using
both editorial judgment and advanced web skills, the Associate
Director, Web and Digital Content will advise on how to shape
website content to best align with the University's brand voice,
strategic goals, and priorities.
This position supports the University’s comprehensive strategic
plan across various channels, including external, internal, print,
digital and social media, promoting the University to its many
The position of Associate Director, Web and Digital Content will
report to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing &
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Enhance, refine, and drive a consistent, compelling voice across
- Supervise the Web and Digital Content Specialist.
- Develop content strategy and editorial calendar that aligns
with marketing objectives and enrollment goals of the university
both long term and short term.
- Collaborate with colleagues to leverage shared content.
- Write and publish engaging content for the website. Edit,
proofread, and improve upon submitted content, when necessary.
Ensure brand consistency.
- Optimize content according to SEO best practices.
- Identify and implements effective processes and procedures for
- Ability to create an environment that supports collaboration,
high-quality work products, and creativity.
- Review and edit content from University partners and internal
- Collaborate with project teams to discuss plans, strategies,
- Write, edit, and proofread communications copy for accuracy and
to ensure consistency of brand messaging, positioning, and value
- Proactively develop standards, processes, and best practices
for content updates, creation, distribution, and repurposing.
- Plan content for campaigns based on the customer buying journey
(i.e., suggest types of content that will progress prospect from
awareness to selection and purchase).
- Provide content strategy and information architecture for new
and existing university web properties
- Build websites and webpages within university content
management systems, including choosing appropriate visuals and
copyediting with attention to web writing best practices
- Site planning and information architecture.
- Review new sites’ goals, audiences, objectives and any related
- Identify key metrics required to evaluate content
- Lead SEO strategy, and work with writers and analysts to
provide advice on optimization.
- Ensure that all marketing assets are consistent with overall
business objectives and reflects university’s style and voice.
- Assists the marketing team and other staff with ongoing
campaigns, including but not limited to, social media, email
strategy, and analytics;
- Review websites to ensure accuracy and functionality, and works
closely with supervision and unit liaisons to ensure site content
production adheres to best practices;
- Write web documentation, including web standards, procedures,
best practices, and style guides;
- Maintains digital presence on multiple external lead generation
and prospective student outreach websites and platforms,
Measure and Learn:
- Foster ideas and creative thinking into content that can be
implemented quickly independently or collaboratively.
- Build and manage a resource library of content and messaging
standards to facilitate reusing content to match customer/regional
- Evaluate finalized copy for compliance with policies, style,
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Keep internal portal tools updated with current digital
versions of content published.
- Seek and integrate student and stakeholder feedback and test
results to optimize content and language.
- Track content engagement to use in planning and future
- Evolve content themes to continue to engage target
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Deep knowledge of SEO best practices and demonstrated search
engine optimization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Experience in web-based communication and engagement (in both
content creation and technical aspects);
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office; website
content-management systems (HTML and CSS skills strongly
- Working knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Knowledge of web accessibility and usability, internet trends,
and programming functionality;
- Working knowledge of social media analytics
- Experience with responsive and user interface design highly
- Must be able to grasp new concepts and stay current with
technology; take and follow instructions while being a team
- Must be able to direct and coordinate several unrelated
projects simultaneously, efficiently, and effectively while
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of information architecture best-practices
- Experience working directly with clients and helping them
achieve their content goals
- Experience working with Google Analytics
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic image editing experience
- Web accessibility expertise preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communication, or
related field, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience with at least 2 years’ experience with demonstrated
success in the web and digital content management, and/or related
fields strongly preferred;
- Five (5) years of experience in marketing, communications, or
- Two (2) years of experience as a Content Manager
- Two (2) years working knowledge of MS Office, Drupal, WordPress
or other CMS and content calendar application
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and online publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Comprehension of and familiarity with social media as part of
the marketing mix
- Agency copywriting experience
- Direct response copywriting experience
- Content management expertise for large enterprises
- Higher Education experience
- Experience with Asana, Basecamp, Teams, or other project
management and collaboration tools a plus
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and
Mozilla Firefox Web browsers, Windows OS and Macintosh OS;
The review of applications will begin on March 31, 2022 and
continue until the position is filled.
Mar 18 2022 Eastern Daylight Time